Who's tried the new Felicini's then??

funfamily

Went on NYE at 5pm. Food below average, understaffed, but very friendly and hard working waiting staff who managed to keep everything going.

Drinks quite expensive with limited range. Not a very proactive bar service. Wasn't sure what I wanted, so the bar staff walked away - no one else there.

Showed to our table and promised table water. After four times of asking it arrived... it wasn't even too busy at this point.

Had to search for waiting staff to order food after 25 mins.

Starters okay, nothing special.

Waited 30 mins for main, only for waiting staff to let us know they had run out of some of the meals (surely this should have been checked on order) and could we reorder.

Having had a starter and not being a meat eater it did not leave much choice, we were put under real pressure. Therefore further delays in eating. Some of the food arrived cold and some didn't arrive... had to seek out waiting staff.

We were given two free bottles of wine (not really needed or wanted as an apology from the chef) which I suppose was a suitable gesture. The food again was okay, nothing speical, but I guess it never claimed to be.

We had been told on booking that we must vacate the table by 7.15. Due to the delays in ordering, serving and actually dealing with the meals we were unable to have pudding or coffee...

The big problem came with the bill. We worked it out accurately; some people paid on card and some by cash. We counted the money and it was accurate. This was witnessed and the cash payers were certain that there money was on the tray and had evidence from the left overs from recent cash withdrawals.

The waiter returned to say it was out by £19...so more or less, £20 was missing. We searched the floor, bags, pockets, purses for a mistake. Checked cash withdrawals with money left in purses...it could not have been down to us.

So if you go there, check your money, check it with the waiting staff before they leave and if there is a discrepancy let them deal with it. We ended up paying another £20, which was probably the restaurants way of getting there money back for the wine...

Most of us will never ever go back.

Went on NYE at 5pm. Food below average, understaffed, but very friendly and hard working waiting staff who managed to keep everything going.

Drinks quite expensive with limited range. Not a very proactive bar service. Wasn't sure what I wanted, so the bar staff walked away - no one else there.

Showed to our table and promised table water. After four times of asking it arrived... it wasn't even too busy at this point.

Had to search for waiting staff to order food after 25 mins.

Starters okay, nothing special.

Waited 30 mins for main, only for waiting staff to let us know they had run out of some of the meals (surely this should have been checked on order) and could we reorder.

Having had a starter and not being a meat eater it did not leave much choice, we were put under real pressure. Therefore further delays in eating. Some of the food arrived cold and some didn't arrive... had to seek out waiting staff.

We were given two free bottles of wine (not really needed or wanted as an apology from the chef) which I suppose was a suitable gesture. The food again was okay, nothing speical, but I guess it never claimed to be.

We had been told on booking that we must vacate the table by 7.15. Due to the delays in ordering, serving and actually dealing with the meals we were unable to have pudding or coffee...

The big problem came with the bill. We worked it out accurately; some people paid on card and some by cash. We counted the money and it was accurate. This was witnessed and the cash payers were certain that there money was on the tray and had evidence from the left overs from recent cash withdrawals.

The waiter returned to say it was out by £19...so more or less, £20 was missing. We searched the floor, bags, pockets, purses for a mistake. Checked cash withdrawals with money left in purses...it could not have been down to us.

So if you go there, check your money, check it with the waiting staff before they leave and if there is a discrepancy let them deal with it. We ended up paying another £20, which was probably the restaurants way of getting there money back for the wine...

Most of us will never ever go back.

I went a few weeks back. It really wasn't up to much, average food, average serce, all in all pretty dull.

Hehe, who'd be a restaurateur? All you're doing is slogging your guts out in order to be judged and/or criticised by everyone who walks through your door. (not a dig at previous posters, just an on-going observation)

I've learned that you can't please everyone and that's become something of a motto ...having said that though, I would never knowingly send out a plate of cold food or walk away while someone was umm-ing & aah-ing over their drinks order.

Good luck Felicini's, sounds like you're going to need it!

I went for a meal there about 2 weeks ago and although the place looks pretty good the food was a bit of a let down. I had to send my meal back as it was covered in chili (didn't say on the menu it was even spicy!) It was so hot I couldn't eat it. Apparently when they gave it to the chef to try he agreed it was awful! When I did get my meal about 20 minutes after my fellow diners it was pretty bland. I don't often complain about restaurants but I can get crap food at home for free!!

Hehe, who'd be a restaurateur? All you're doing is slogging your guts out in order to be judged and/or criticised by everyone who walks through your door. (not a dig at previous posters, just an on-going observation)

I've learned that you can't please everyone and that's become something of a motto ...having said that though, I would never knowingly send out a plate of cold food or walk away while someone was umm-ing & aah-ing over their drinks order.

Good luck Felicini's, sounds like you're going to need it!

Sorry voodoo, but we are paying a lot of money to restaurants and for the price we pay we expect good food and good service. If a restaurant provides such a lousy service it should be willing to take the criticism. We eat out a couple of times a week and spend a lot of money in Sheffield restaurants. When a restaurant delivers, it gets a good review, when it doesn't, then it gets the same treatment.

You can look at some of my previous posts if you doubt this.

All I can say, if you want to take our money, you must provide the service.

We had a bad time at this restaurant.

Archived