Who's tried the new Felicini's then??

funfamily

Sorry voodoo, but we are paying a lot of money to restaurants and for the price we pay we expect good food and good service. If a restaurant provides such a lousy service it should be willing to take the criticism. We eat out a couple of times a week and spend a lot of money in Sheffield restaurants. When a restaurant delivers, it gets a good review, when it doesn't, then it gets the same treatment.

You can look at some of my previous posts if you doubt this.

All I can say, if you want to take our money, you must provide the service.

We had a bad time at this restaurant.

No, you're quite right pippadoll, I wasn't having a dig at you. It sounds like you had every reason to be unhappy that night. There are some people out there who have made moaning and complaining a bit of a hobby though; you meet them from time to time. They're never happy no matter what you do and if they are, they certainly don't let on!

We'd love to see you at Seasons sometime soon. I've recently taken over the running of the restaurant and on quieter nights it's just me out front and my dad, the seasoned pro in the kitchen. I may not be the most refined and expert wine waiter quite yet but I'm as friendly and helpful as I can possibly be and I promise I wont put down a cold plate of food in front of you!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I went Wednesday afternoon (17th January). It was 'okay', a big, reliable 'okay'. I love the decor and the toilets must be the cleanest in the region.

The food was fine. I had a pizza which was generous in size though in all honesty I lost interest in it halfway through.

The staff were fairly attentive and the place seemed lively for a mid-week afternoon.

Our bill was £25 which I don't think is too bad, not when you consider that the (admittedly, large) bottle of sparkling mineral water cost (I think) £3.50!!

I'd give it 7 out of ten.

(NB: I'll be back on the ale come February.)

• 2 years later...

Ive never had a bad experience there i have to say! Sometimes have to prompt staff to bring water but thats about it. 5-7 everyday £5 pizzza, includes salmon calzone which is amazing and also bellini and cocktails bogof between 5-7 or 5-9 cant remember!

• 2 years later...

i worked there its TERRIBLE!!! Same menu for seven years now, proits:loopy::gag::rant::mad: the aim of this company low paid polish work force, massive staff turner over abuse of the working time directive meaning poor wages under minimum wage and not fresh food half bought in GIVE IT MISS try the italian kitchen down the road, family run ive been a chef for 14 years since i left school its really poor trust me ive never seen anything like it i hope it go under big time.

I've only been 3 or 4 times, but the place always seems very busy and I can't say I've had a bad meal there.

It's a bit more expensive than the usual places I go down town, but not ridiculous.

I look forward to my next visit there, probably in the middle of summer after a few beers up Eccy Road.

Regards

Doom

I wonder if this is the same Barton who used to own the (failed) pasta place on Division Street?

I do agree though - The Italian Kitchen is better.

It gets a good review in The Star.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/italian_kitchen_349_ecclesall_road_sheffield_s11_8pf_restaurant_review_1_3258226

Interesting to note who is a chef there too! :hihi:

Archived