Motorcycle shops in 70's Sheffield

Hi chrinsy

We used to go to smiths at ecclesfield in the sixties and not just to look at the bikes,did you never see his daughter!The shop in Bakewell closed and Dave Smpson bought most of the stock.Cant ever remember Syd being on Spital hill(A.Smiths,Frank)yes,he also had the shop at Hihgfields opposite Horridges.

Hi Hillsboro

Can you remember Motormyles on Shalesmoor they were own by a guy called Kendrick who also owned a small motor bike shop just passed the Roscoe pictures on the corner opposite Victor Parrs.Theres another place no ones mentioned,Seniors at the rear of the Big Gun in the Wicker.

Hi nimrod

thays right Wilf Green did have a son Arthur who was killed grasstracking in the sixties and you may be pleased to know the photo of him with Wilf when Wilf built him his first bike and which he had displayed in his shop for many years has been in my possession for a very long time and of which I will never part.My wife and I were good friends of Wilf and saw him a few weeks before he died.

H.i hillsbro

Bill Beevers was fireman on the railways before he took up racing,at one time he had more TT replicas than anyother racer and displayed them in his shop window at Page Hall.When he finished his racing carreer he became a travelling marshall for the races.Bill and his wife Lily died at Castletown IOM where they had a bungalow overlooking the bay.I have many xmas cards from them both

Hi bullerboY - I remember Bill Beevers well - great bloke; I didn't know about his railway background. Bill could be relied upon for spares - I recall that in 1967 his shop was the only one where I managed to get the right silencer; it cost me all of fiver. Happy days.

• Like 1

Hi Hillsboro

Can you remember Motormyles on Shalesmoor they were own by a guy called Kendrick who also owned a small motor bike shop just passed the Roscoe pictures on the corner opposite Victor Parrs.Theres another place no ones mentioned,Seniors at the rear of the Big Gun in the Wicker.

Motormyles - yes I had forgotten them! And "Victor Parr - the quality car". It all seems such a long time ago now...

H.i hillsbro

Bill Beevers was fireman on the railways before he took up racing,at one time he had more TT replicas than anyother racer and displayed them in his shop window at Page Hall.When he finished his racing carreer he became a travelling marshall for the races.Bill and his wife Lily died at Castletown IOM where they had a bungalow overlooking the bay.I have many xmas cards from them both

Did you know Bill ? Bowler, he was a good mate of B/Beever and think he raced, with him, his daughter was a good friend of my wife years ago.