David Hurst

John Fantham

Subs

Bob Bolder

Viv Anderson

Carlton Palmer

Terry Curran

Gary Banister

Could name many more,such a hard task wth so many good players.

Yes theres a few more i could pick out aswell the likes of your carbones and your dalian atkinsons spring to mind, not to mention david hirst who i omitted from my side. I thought hirsty never really fulfilled his whole potential as he was always on the treatment table for something or other.

Sometimes i wish we had solt him to man utd for 5 million when they offered but there were some good times aswell for sure.

UP THE BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, in theory, you would have had Waddle over the Div 1 Championship :confused:

I think thats an over simplification.I doubt even with Cantona we would have won the league, and if were going to be blunt, I doubt he would have stayed at Hillsborough if he had exhibited the kind of performances he put in at Leeds and later Man U.

Lets face it, If leeds couldnt hold on to him, theres no chance we would have been able to, IMO.

All this talk of bygone players has reminded me, if anyone has Sky then channel 442 is ESPN Classic. Over the past couple of months they've shown matches from 1979/80 Season (a 2-1 win at Swindon Town in the old 3rd) to Everton in the FA Cup Semi-Final to Premier League stuff. Infact there's a match of ours on tonight the infamous Man Utd game with the extra 7 mins of Fergie time!!

It's a great channel and there are some classic gems on there especially the eighties matches they've shown from the Wilkinson era and a great interview with Big Jack after that Swindon game where he said Terry Curran "Set off like a Red Indian down the wing", don't think he'd get away with saying that nowadays! :)

My Best team of recent time

.... ..... .... ...Chris Woods

.. ... ..... Des Walker ....... Nigel Pearson

Mel Sterland ,,,,........ Andy Hinchcliffe

Chris Waddle John Sherriden Carlton Palmer Di Canio

.... ..... David Hurst ..... Mark Bright

The team that got them relegated from the premiership will take some beating it’s a pity they didn’t take that chip off their fans shoulder at the same time.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry that made me laugh. That's a bit rich coming from a Blade saying WE'VE got a chip on OUR shoulder! Now that's an oxymoron if ever i heard one, oh wait i mean moron. Take a look on the Owls thread at the crap bladesufc1 has been spouting and freyasdad http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1827017&postcount=579 on the Blunt forum and get your head out of the trough :gag:

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry that made me laugh. That's a bit rich coming from a Blade saying WE'VE got a chip on OUR shoulder! Now that's an oxymoron if ever i heard one, oh wait i mean moron. Take a look on the Owls thread at the crap bladesufc1 has been spouting and freyasdad http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1827017&postcount=579 on the Blunt forum and get your head out of the trough :gag:

me too, greasy chip butty, unitedites know one or two chips! hee hee

sorry to the true blades who don't have a chip but unfortunately there are one or two that can't help but show their true colours.

sorry to the true blades who don't have a chip but unfortunately there are one or two that can't help but show their true colours.

Come on Ally, theres fans like that one both sides of the fence and we both know it.

Theres loads of little pinkies in S6 who cant stand that we are in the Premiership and who show there true colours on here.

Swings and roundabouts I know but right now the Blades are the best team in Sheffield and Yorkshire.

My hatred for wednesd*y comes from when you lot were good (yes you were once :D ) and we were crap and it was rammed down my throat every day by piggys showing their true colours but, I followed the Blades through thick and thin making trips to places like Burnley on a cold, snowy tuesday night to see us lose 3-1 etc etc.

I am happy to tell you my Dad was the only Blade out of 10 kids, Raised me as a Blade and took me all over England to see them.

Thank God he got the brains in the family :D

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZZZARRDSSS

Blade for Life

CB

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry that made me laugh. That's a bit rich coming from a Blade :

Don’t just take it from a Blade, ask any football fan which team is living in the past and is followed by fans with a big chip on their shoulder.

Ask them which fans go on about bigger ground, bigger crowds, bigger trophy tally and no doubt bigger heads, the fact is you have just turned the corner in a lower division and now its: -

Play offs

Premier League

Pass United as we go down

Bla Bla Bla

And yes I know we lost today I was there, who will be at Hillsborough tomorrow, or will they just phone P/G to comment on the game.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Archived