Any good Indie nights on Fridays

richjob

Do any of you good people know of any good Indie nights on a Friday in Sheffield. Somewhere where you can get some old school tracks and some up-to-date tunes. Especially somewhere that might play the Smiths or Stone Roses.

offbeat at the raynor lounge, sheff uni. usually sells out by about 10pm ish though and is only on til 1am. plus it's gonna be towards the leftfield end of your tastes i reckon. they do have an annual smiths/morrissey night where they play 15+ songs, ususally by email request. certainly not much chance of getting stone roses played. their termly "size of a cow" nights might suit you a bit better. if you enjoy the leadmill, i certainly don't see you enjoying offbeat.

w w w . o f f b e a t s h e f f i e l d . c o m

offbeat at the raynor lounge, sheff uni. usually sells out by about 10pm ish though and is only on til 1am. plus it's gonna be towards the leftfield end of your tastes i reckon. they do have an annual smiths/morrissey night where they play 15+ songs, ususally by email request. certainly not much chance of getting stone roses played. their termly "size of a cow" nights might suit you a bit better. if you enjoy the leadmill, i certainly don't see you enjoying offbeat.

w w w . o f f b e a t s h e f f i e l d . c o m

Thank for the info. The offbeat night sounds OK, i'll only know if it's my taste by trying it. The annual Smiths night sounds great, but which song would I request !! so many to choose from. Take care.

Thank for the info. The offbeat night sounds OK, i'll only know if it's my taste by trying it. The annual Smiths night sounds great, but which song would I request !! so many to choose from. Take care.

or if you can get over to Manchester the star and garter do a great smiths night first friday of the month :-)

or if you can get over to Manchester the star and garter do a great smiths night first friday of the month :-)

Thanks for this info, sounds great. Can get to Manchester easy, I get over there regular, in fact i am there next week.

Will look up details for the Star and Garter on the net and pay them a visit.

I assume teh next date would be 2 Feb 07 ?

Cheers.

Archived