phon-etics? any good?

Mosherchik

Going to Phon-etics this coming Saturday to celebrate my ascent into womanhood (21st birthday :) )

anyone know what its like? been assured thats its good, all I can find out is that its "an evening of funk & jazz mixes with broken breaks & beats" which is good stuff :thumbsup:

I know its at Club Element... is that what used to be Fez Club/Po Na Na? Doesnt cost the earth to get in does it? not that Im tight or anything :roll::wink:

Ta :thumbsup:

Phonetics is the bestest night ever. I might be accused of bias but it is actually based on science:D

Right then. Mosher Chicken, Phonetics is at Element (fka Po Na Na) on saturday nights. Is £6 in or £5 (NUS) £4 B4 11 and we play a mix up of hip hop, soul, reggae, drum n bass, broken beats (kind of housey but with er...broken beats) and the odd latin and jazzy beast thrown in for good measure and a few olde classics. Bit of a house-party kind of mix up but always fresh upfront tunes. Something for everyone.

Been going for 4 years - had plenty of big names, live bands over the years and all that...open til 3. This sat got Raif from Lights Down Low and our own Danny Mager. Will be a good one.

Birthday biznizz. If you email us phoneticsatponana then hotmail bit then we'll sort you out with a b'day deal. Cos we nice like that.

Hopefully see you down !

It's a top night and comes VERY recommended.

Provides a respite from all things housey / dancey...whatever and delivers some real up front, funky sounds - with a real mixture from soul to d 'n' b.

Venue is perfect for it too.

GO!

<And to UG as well though ;) >

Originally posted by Xtro

I look forward to going :D

Moshie dearest, I found this and thought of you - doubt you'll be doing it Sat night tho ;)

http://www.traum4tized.com/mosh/

Enjoy!

Btw I scored 52,000 and my mosh score is OVERWHELMING :P xxx

I got a penalty for being "excessive" :sad::wink: not telling what my final score was tho :P and I reckon I'll be up for some moshing, if lil' baby dreads can cope with it :)

Does anyone else like that Jamelia record or is it just me ? I likes it.....

There u go Mosherchick yer b'day weekend sorted ! Josh Wink tonight and then Phonetics tomorrow - come and say hello.....u can even mosh if yer want...... Sunday - sleep.

On the Josh wink front - someone played me a jazz version of "Higher State of..." the other day. Worrying.

Archived