Liposuction - is it permanent?

I'm seroiusly considering liposuction for removing some fat that just won't shift however much I diet? Can anyone recommend where to get it done and if it really is permanent?

try a little more exercise with your diet.. diets are good but you need something that will actualy eat away at your fat!! a vacume cleaner wont do that!! when your body gets use to exercise your heart rate increases which in turn burns off more fat than normal..

try a little more exercise with your diet.. diets are good but you need something that will actualy eat away at your fat!! a vacume cleaner wont do that!! when your body gets use to exercise your heart rate increases which in turn burns off more fat than normal..

I exercise LOADS. Every single day at the gym and running!! I really think liposuction is the only way to get rid of it!

There's some debate about whether it's permanent or not. Yes, liposuction removes fats cells, which aren't replaced. However, if you gain weight, you might find that it's regained in the same areas that had been subject to liposuction. This is because liposuction doesn't remove all the fat cells, of course, and those that remain can 'fill up' with fat if you start to eat more and exercise less.

Liposuction isn't generally used as a means of weight control in the way that exercise and diet is. Its main use is to shift the stubborn little pockets of fat that can remain even when the person is within the normal weight limits. It's used mainly for 'sculpting' rather than as a tool for treating those who are over-weight.

Liposuction isn't generally used as a means of weight control in the way that exercise and diet is. Its main use is to shift the stubborn little pockets of fat that can remain even when the person is within the normal weight limits. It's used mainly for 'sculpting' rather than as a tool for treating those who are over-weight.

but exercise and a good diet will get rid of ALL fat no little pockets of FAT left... Liposuction is used for peole who cant be bothered to get up and get fit.. its an easy way out.. once the fat is removed your body will still be at the same heart rate so when you start to eat fatty foods again it will build up again... fitness and diet is the best way to get rid of fat

I exercise LOADS. Every single day at the gym and running!! I really think liposuction is the only way to get rid of it!

Then I would have a look at your fat intake... not saying you eat lots of fatty foods, but a good diet and fitness is the only way to keep fat at bay...

I exercise a lot but I also eat the wrong foods... yeah I’m not fat but I’m also not skinny... just started a new diet with the same exercise and the fat is coming away nicely... just lowered the amount of fat I eat... I use to eat what ever I wanted and still used the gym... Yeah I’m fit bit little bits of fat remain and have done for a long time... since I changed my diet I can see a massive difference

I'm seroiusly considering liposuction for removing some fat that just won't shift however much I diet? Can anyone recommend where to get it done and if it really is permanent?

it is permenant! the fat will certainly never go back up the pipe and into your body! :hihi:

but exercise and a good diet will get rid of ALL fat no little pockets of FAT left... Liposuction is used for peole who cant be bothered to get up and get fit.. its an easy way out.. once the fat is removed your body will still be at the same heart rate so when you start to eat fatty foods again it will build up again... fitness and diet is the best way to get rid of fat

I'm sorry, but I think that is just plain wrong.

Your body will retain some fat. Always. It is unhealthy to have very low body fat. Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to presume that it may stay in undesirable areas.

As Hecate said, this is more about altering the shape of the body than loosing weight. If you are not maintaining a stable weight and healthy l;ifestye then you are right, the fat will go back on. But if your weight and body shape is stable then the liposuction will remove the unwanted pockets.

What would put me off if the risk of infection and bad scarring, and how violent it always seems to look!

I'm sorry, but I think that is just plain wrong.

Your body will retain some fat. Always. It is unhealthy to have very low body fat. Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to presume that it may stay in undesirable areas.

As Hecate said, this is more about altering the shape of the body than loosing weight. If you are not maintaining a stable weight and healthy l;ifestye then you are right, the fat will go back on. But if your weight and body shape is stable then the liposuction will remove the unwanted pockets.

What would put me off if the risk of infection and bad scarring, and how violent it always seems to look!

with exercise and the use of weights, weights are the best thing to alter the shape of ones body.. yes exercise alone wont get all the fat.. cutting down on the fat you eat WILL.. if you have a flaby stomach exercise and plenty of sit ups to work the muscle in the area where needed..

Archived