Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

next best joke of the day :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Many thanks, sir. Although CB is a ridiculously easy target and will become even more so should United's TERRIBLE PREMIERSHIP form continue.

...i can't wait. :) How long before the Blades' talk turns to, 'parachute payments' & '6 points off you next season'...oh, it already has. :)

Shame.

LOL! Good stuff. Although I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to find your gaff, CB. I'd just look in the Toronto phone book for, 'The Church of Warnock - Canadian Chapter: Dial 0891 696969 for salvation'.

And wednesd*yites shouldn't be too hard to find, they will be the ones with the nice new haircuts as they line up for the season ticket photo ID's :hihi:

Barber....Shave the lot mr Jazzy and what about the goatee ?

http://expurgate.nu/images/thehaircut.jpg

Getting to be a bigger farce down at the Sty with Allen everyday isn't it?

ALLEN IN , ALLEN IN :love:

And wednesd*yites shouldn't be too hard to find, they will be the ones with the nice new haircuts as they line up for the season ticket photo ID's :hihi:

Barber....Shave the lot mr Jazzy and what about the goatee ?

http://expurgate.nu/images/thehaircut.jpg

Getting to be a bigger farce down at the Sty with Allen everyday isn't it?

ALLEN IN , ALLEN IN :love:

Are they your 'mates', CB? Lonely nights in the mountain barbers with the big bikers, eh?

"Yes, boys i'd love to see your Choppers!", said CB, eagerly

I'm surprised that some Blades (or a member of Colin's family) haven't complained to ITV about their "choice of caption" on the news item, which I highlighted on Friday.

Nor did I expect it to still be there.

It's the sort of thing I'd have expected from a fanzine's website, but it's ended up lasting longer than the ITV Digital sponsorship deal did.

Yes, Yes, YES!

----

Portsmouth trio Sventoslav Todorov, Jamie Ashdown and Richard Hughes have all been linked with a combined £2 million move to Wednesday in the summer, according to Radio Sheffield.

The trio are all on the fringes at Fratton Park and have been unable to occupy a regular starting spot for Harry Redknapp's men this season - and could well be looking for a move away from the club in search of regular first team football next term.

And Owls boss Brian Laws has already expressed his desire at strengthening his squad for a promotion push next season - with the bulk of the £2.5m transfer of Madjid Bougherra still available to spend on new players this summer.

The Owls' transfer kitty could also be boosted with a potential takeover or investment in the Hillsborough club which has been pencilled in for the pre-season by current chairman Dave Allen.

Todorov has already been linked with a move to the Championship to re-unite with Milan Mandaric at Leicester City - but Wednesday could be set to hijack the deal as Laws looks to add another striker to his strike force.

Goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown could also fill the number one jersey at Hillsborough with Laws keen to get a permanent shot-stopper in between the sticks following four loan players occupying the goalkeeping jersey in the last year.

Although the stopper has made just two first team appearances for Pompey this term, he comes highly-rated after progression through the Reading ranks and making his debut for the Royals in 2000.

Wednesday have already been told that current on-loan 'keeper Iain Turner won't be allowed to leave Everton in the summer after the Owls and rivals Crystal Palace had showed interest in his services.

And Ashdown could well be the man to replace Turner at the end of the season and become the Owls' first permanent number one since David Lucas.

Scottish midfielder Richard Hughes has also been on the fringes for Pompey this term with just seven starts in all competitions this season.

Hughes, who started his football career at Italian side Atalanta, is a the combative midfielder the Owls have been crying out for in recent seasons and could well be the perfect centre-midfield partner for Glenn Whelan.

--------

Take all o' them. S'pecially Todorov - didn't he score nigh on 30 goals the season Pompey went up?

Think the writing is in the wall with Maclean now though...

take this with a pinch of salt, over the next couple of months we will be linked with everyone cos we've got money to spend.

if he wants to splash out then dont look much further than dirty leeds, david healy will be on his way soon, not sure if we can compete for him though

take this with a pinch of salt, over the next couple of months we will be linked with everyone cos we've got money to spend.

if he wants to splash out then dont look much further than dirty leeds, david healy will be on his way soon, not sure if we can compete for him though

No way would we get Healey, he's just played himself into a premier team. Todorov would be a decent pick up. We should also be looking for replacements for Brunt and Simek, I don't want them to go, but, like Healey they've been catching the eye and Premiership Clubs will be offering them big wages, and be offering us some much welcome cash. If Laws spends wisely we could be looking for a very happy time next year. I just worry about player + cash offers, the players usually aren't up to much.

dont think he will sell our big players like simek, no need to now, unless they want to leave, brunt has said today that hes not going but everyone has their price, would anyone take £3m for brunt????

dont think he will sell our big players like simek, no need to now, unless they want to leave, brunt has said today that hes not going but everyone has their price, would anyone take £3m for brunt????

Yep. I was talking to me 'ol Daddy only recently about this one (& we were both in agreement). Now at the risk of being burnt for heresy here, I do believe Brunt is a great player, WHEN he's on! Too often (albeit not so much this season) he is hit or miss. I can see why Prem. teams are after him but do we all sincerely believe that he is consistent enough to be a success in the the Premiership?

I would love him to stay as I feel he can go from strength-to-strength next season, especially if we have a tough-tackling, combative midfielder playing alongside him. However, if a prem. team were to offer us something in the region of £3m I would snap their effing hand off.

What's everyone else think?

Archived