Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Many thanks, sir. Although CB is a ridiculously easy target and will become even more so should United's TERRIBLE PREMIERSHIP form continue.

QUOTE]

I will be here Jazz to listen to the abuse from my little pink friends should The mighty Blades slip up.

I just wanted you to know that, plus I wanted to bring this thread up so that you and Geo know its still alive even though its about like wednesd*y isn't it, lingering around the middle and not doing much of anything :hihi:

Your not sounding quite so confident CB, has reality finally landed? Confidence is a great thing when it is not missplaced, more often than not at least one promoted club comes straight back down and then struggles in the Championship due to wholesale transfers out.

IMO West Ham have left it too late, Watford are just waiting for the fat lady to clear her throat but Charlton are showing a real interest in survival. Your hope that Wigan would slip up looks to be wishful thinking so get ready for a relegation battle. Eight wins and seven draws with nothing to show for your last few games looks like relegation form at this stage of the season. ;)

likkle me;)

Cardiff v Sheff Wed

Cardiff are likely without four of their most influential players.

Riccardo Scimeca (groin), skipper Darren Purse (calf) and Glenn Loovens (foot) are definitely out, and could be joined by Michael Chopra (hamstring).

Sheffield Wednesday's Leon Clarke is expected to return after the end of his loan spell at Oldham but Jermaine Johnson's is out with chicken pox.

Frank Simek is banned, so skipper Lee Bullen will play at right-back with Steve Watson in central defence.

Brunt intends to stay with Owls

Midfielder Chris Brunt says he wants to stay at Sheffield Wednesday despite rumours suggesting he will be leaving the club.

Brunt has scored 10 goals this season and has been linked with several Premiership clubs.

The 22-year-old has 16 months left on his Owls contract.

Brunt told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I'm really enjoying my football and this season has been fantastic and I just want to get more goals for Wednesday."

Read this....BBC-southyorkshire:

Sheffield Wednesday diarist: Matthew Nicoll

Matthew Nicoll is our Sheffield Wednesday diarist for the 2006/7 season. Read his latest update on how the Owls are doing...

Chairman Allen on the rampage... Freedom and liberty for all!!

Today is a sad day. For the first time, just for a moment, I felt how it must feel to be a Blade, I actually hated Sheffield Wednesday.

Then, probably because I'm a mug, I remembered all the reasons why I actually love Wednesday.

I'd kind of put into perspective my views of Chairman Allen (oh great one, we're not worthy, please let me watch my team). When I say perspective, I was willing to continue supporting the team I love and separate this from the fact that we have a Chairman like Allen (Chairman Allen, if you will).

However, the introduction of a policy to control a section of our crowd who are, like me, my mates my family and all the supporters who email me regarding my column, generally bewildered and angry at the way our club is run, is one step too far.

This may well be the final straw for the 'thinking' Wednesday fan.

"I'm left weighing up whether I can continue turning up and supporting a club who treats its fans like they're an irritation"

Matthew Nicoll

Reading a statement from the club this morning it sounds like I'm buying a season ticket for a cult or a shady right wing political party - an organisation that uses its power to control its devout followers.

I honestly didn't think that my level of anger towards Chairman Allen could rage more furiously than it did after the sacking of PS and the subsequent attack on us (the fans) for having an opinion that he didn't agree with. He then said some very strange things in the press for weeks afterwards that made me laugh but ultimately left me feeling angry and sad.

It would have been very very funny listening to him if he had been the United chairman. But he isn't is he? He’s our Chairman.

The club can dress up the ID scheme all they want, but it will not wash with the 'thinking' Wednesday fan. Chairman Allen is completely transparent. Let's just hope that some rich billionaire, who probably sells oil, comes in and gives Chairman Allen what he really wants.

Yes Chairman Allen – the fans are just as desperate for you to get your money back as you are. We love Sheffield Wednesday and you are pretty much ruining the biggest love (apart from our mums and dads and that) that we have. That's the same mums and dads that can no longer borrow season tickets when the holder is on holiday (unless they identify themselves to the club beforehand like lemmings).

So at the moment I'm left weighing up whether I can continue turning up and supporting a club who treats its fans like they're an irritation. I'm really fed up with this and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. I am seriously considering whether to renew my season ticket. I won't be dictated to, not even by Sheffield Wednesday.

................................................................................

So im not the only one who thinks things at hillsborough are wrong?

Read this....BBC-southyorkshire:

... B] For the first time, just for a moment, I felt how it must feel to be a Blade, I actually hated Sheffield Wednesday.[/b]

Hey madowl I resent the inference that Blade supporters hate Wednesday.

I don't hate them although I support the Blades.

I actually cheered for them when they played in the F.A. cup against Everton in 196?

I took my young son downtown on the Sunday when they had the parade and we were both chanting for the Wednesday.

My father was a staunch United supporter also but it didn't stop him telling me that Ernest Blenkinsop ( who had the Crosspool Tavern at the time) was one of the finest players that this country had produced and felt proud to be in his presence.

My first love is obviously United but my second love would be Wednesday and I cheer for them unless they're playing United. :) :)

Archived