Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

WE ARE THE WEDNESDAY BOYS!

Burton struck against the run of play at Ninian Park to give Wednesday a 2-1 win. Burton bundled a Brunt cross past home keeper Forde at the second attempt in the 69th minute, To make matters worse for Jones' men, they ended the match with 10 men after Walton was issued a red card two minutes from time for a clattering challenge on Gilbert. Burton's winner came during Cardiff's best spell, as they sought to build on Johnson's equaliser in first-half injury time. Clarke took advantage of hesitation to prod home wednesdays opener in the 39th minute.. Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian Laws:

"It is highly unlikely but while it is mathematically possible we will have a go at it.

"Our away record is phenomenal and if we can match it at home you never know.

"Nobody has switched off and nobody is on holiday. At this stage, sometimes players tend to dip in form, but our players have stepped up their game."

Great 3 points away from home... well done the wednesday!

Thanks for the optimistic view point but alas our lot are not quite good enough for a promotion place this season, although they can give anyone in the Championship a run for their money. Apart from that Tosh you got touchy with Lestat about your losses so you mentioned Colchester. I was merely pointing out their credibility ;)

Maybe your not good enough but look at the money that 1 season can generate.I am a Blade through & through and hope my team stay up,as it would do Sheffield a lot of good,who thinks about both our teams when we were in the Championship,nothing on the telly or any where else, at least we get a mention by being in the PL.

As Brian Laws says, our away form is phenomenal. It's all encouraging for a proper go at it next season and it's good to see the lads still giving 100% when the season is almost over in every respect. On the downside I don't reckon much to the 8% increase on the match day ticket prices.

Maybe your not good enough but look at the money that 1 season can generate.I am a Blade through & through and hope my team stay up,as it would do Sheffield a lot of good,who thinks about both our teams when we were in the Championship,nothing on the telly or any where else, at least we get a mention by being in the PL.

I know what you're saying Tosh because I've said the same myself. The enormous amount of money the team would get for a Premiership place is beyond belief. I do think that financially it would solve a lot of problems but we would be ill equipped to take on the top sides in the division. The only drawback is the clubs already in the PL will have a extra season of massive revenue leaving the Championship sides further behind. It's a tough situation

Who cares what the lowly Wendy ( that ones for you CB.. the Wendy bit:hihi: :hihi: ) the mighty Uniturd lost to a poor Newcastle side. Oh dear Oh dear :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

A poor Newcastle side :huh:

I thought Newcastle ran us into the ground and we never looked like doing anything all day.

We were sh*te on the day and I will be the 1st to admit it.

Now for the Blades every match is life and death as we try and stay up unlike wendy (I know you like that one Alex :P ) who can play loose knowing they aren't going up or down and mediocraty is accepted with the promise of a fresh start next season.

To be honest your team this past season was probably the most inconsistant team in football, win 10 lose 10 :hihi:

Oh and to make you lot feel better about yourselves

Sheffield United reserves 1 Arsenal Reserves 0 :P

A poor Newcastle side :huh:

:P

Newcastle have lost 10 games away from home and are very hit and miss in general, losing 3 out of their last 4 games before yesterday. I'm afraid this was a winnable game for you lot and if you got run into the ground then it's not looking good.

As for Wednesday they are taking the game to the opposition, ok they may have not a lot to lose but the fact they are giving 100% at this stage is good enough for me. A nightmare start with injuries and the glitch in the New Year cost us a lot of points. Considering this, 7 points behind the play off position doesn't look too bad with 5 more games to play. There's not much chance to make it I know but it is the best season we've had for a while. It's a big improvement ;)

How refreshing to go to a good old fashioned football stadium complete with terracing and some charactor yeterday, and not yet another soulless multi-million breezeblock construction with even worse facilities.

And a result!

Though you'd be more concerned with some of the things wrong on your bandwagon CB (like the big gaping hole in the middle at the back, and lack of direction at the front) than what us Owls are doing!

How refreshing to go to a good old fashioned football stadium complete with terracing and some charactor yeterday, and not yet another soulless multi-million breezeblock construction with even worse facilities.

And a result!

Though you'd be more concerned with some of the things wrong on your bandwagon CB (like the big gaping hole in the middle at the back, and lack of direction at the front) than what us Owls are doing!

I have posted about concerned I am with how bad we played in what was really a must win game.

Still got all to play for though Col even with yesterdays hiccup, and still think we can survive if we beat West Ham, get a draw at Charlton and beat Watford and Wigan.

Too bad more people didnt think it refreshing enough to go to an old fashioned stadium, how many wednesday*tes went ? Cardiff had the 8th worst attendance out of the 9 matches yesterday, thats strange considering the are having an ok season and in with a real shout of the play-offs :huh:

Well they weren’t very good were they, and how NW can say my players gave it there all is beyond me.

:(

Newcastle were very good and we were sh*te simple as.

Funny how bad we played and still could have nicked an undeserving point.

Maybe NW is trying reverse phsychology on his players :hihi: You know a bit like Allen telling the wednesd*y fans you are going to be signing players etc :hihi: :hihi:

Archived