Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

I remember a certain Palace team that were out of the playoffs a few season's ago & they got into the playoffs & gained promotion,I hope the Owls do get into the playoffs as Preston are in freefall even with there £7m man Nugent.I think the Owls can win the remaining games & if other's drop some more points then there is alway's a chance,you did it to get out of League 1.Good luck to the Owls.

I remember a certain Palace team that were out of the playoffs a few season's ago & they got into the playoffs & gained promotion,I hope the Owls do get into the playoffs as Preston are in freefall even with there £7m man Nugent.I think the Owls can win the remaining games & if other's drop some more points then there is alway's a chance,you did it to get out of League 1.Good luck to the Owls.

You never know you never know lol,

on reading that i have to say good luck with your battle for survival, its going to be a task but if anyone can do it a sheffield club could.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well boys (& girls), what a fantastic series of results this weekend! Could Saturday have gone any better? And Monday was a the best football Bank holiday since the time I met Michelle Marsh in Aldi on Archer Road, we got talking (as you do), I told her I was a big fan of her work and she told me she was a big fan of bum sex whilst wearing nowt but a SWFC shirt! U should have seen her little face after I showed her the modified one I wore in Oz because of the heat, bless her. I digress...

Personally I know a lot of people have doubts (& in reality it would be ludicrous, should it happen) but should we win against West Brum, on Friday and move to within 3 points with three games left...I seriously fancy us. We have put together a sensational run of late and if we keep on winning & playing like we have been, who knows, guys...who knows.

As for United...well, it's a crying shame isn't it? :hihi:

I'm gonna lay off United over the next few weeks (unless significantly provoked) as I really want their football to do the talking and I want to see their 'fans' keep them up. :hihi::help: I promise not to gloat or rip it until the fates of those bottom teams have been established...

...IF however, that fateful day of relegation does come for United, then I shall release a torrent of abuse never before witnessed before on this forum! Until then, my good friends...

UP THE OWLS! THE BEST TEAM IN YORKSHIRE!

Cardiff had the 8th worst attendance out of the 9 matches yesterday, thats strange considering the are having an ok season and in with a real shout of the play-offs :huh:

CB had a point. Further to the comments I made on Sunday, about apathy there ... on further reflection:-

I suspect the attendance may have actually been more than that.

As Ninian Park holds 20,000 (2,000 max. in the visitors enclosure), and the attendance was recorded at something like 13,600; God only knows where they would have got another 6,000 in the ground.

It certainly didn't look that empty.

I'd briefly overlooked that as Mr Ridsdale is now there, perhaps some different accountancy methods may be in place.

Whilst there was some prevalent apathy before the game (local interest being mainly on the Calzaghe fight), it certainly wasn’t afterwards as we made our way from the ground.

The locals are far from happy with Dave Jones, and were drawing similarities with him letting Wolves' huge lead at the top slip away, when they were pipped by West Brom. (Was that really 5 years ago!)

That they may have been in a false position to start with, and are a "one man team", were points I deemed best not to make, with self preservation in mind!

If they aren't in the promotion frame this time next year (which I don't expect them to be), then it is unlikely Jones will still be in post.

He's about to pay a similar price to many men before him, who having awoken slumbering dragons, then failed to satisfy them!

I can’t see Michael Chopra still being there much longer either. He had to be the bargain of the season in our league, for £500,000.

Dropped goalkeeper Neil Alexander is out of favour, and reported locally to be on his way out.

He played a blinder against us last season.

Off hand I can’t think of anyone better to fill the keeping position for us next year, if neither Carson or Turner are to be released by the Merseyside clubs.

help fund a 2007-08 promotion push...

Season-tickets:

Details (with this season's prices in brackets):

Renewals before June 16 - South Stand: adult £457 (£425), u-11 £101 (£99), u-18 £204 (£200), OAP/u-21 £247 (£243). North: adult £396 (£368), u-11 £101 (£99), u-18 £178 (£175), OAP/u-21 £215 (£212). Kop: adult £326 (£303), u-11 £101 (£99), u-18 £146 (£144), OAP/u-21 £188 (£185 ). Family enclosure: adult £326 (£303), u-11 £101 (£99), u-18 £118 (£117), OAP/u-21 £201 (£198).

General discount prices (up to June 30): South Stand: adult £484 (£450), u-11 £106 (£99), u-18 £215 (£200), OAP/u-21 £261 (£243). North: adult £419 (£390), u-11 £106 (£99), u-18 £188 (£175), OAP/u-21 £228 (£212). Kop: adult £344 (£320), u-11 £106 (£99), u-18 £155 (£144), OAP/u-21 £199 (£185). Family enclosure: adult £344 (£320), u-11 £106 (£99), u-18 £126 (£117), OAP/u-21 £213 (£198).

Chairman Dave Allen said in a message to fans:

"While there has been a slight increase in prices, we strongly believe we offer good value.

"Our prices are very competitive with other clubs in the Championship and we are determined to push for promotion next season.

"We are already heading for our best finish to a season since relegation from the Premier League in 2000; things have stabilised at the club and we will need your support to achieve our collective goals next season."

wtf?{will some one please tell me why the number 8s are faces??} thanks..

Archived