Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Sheffield Wednesday have just officially confirmed "He is NOT for sale" :thumbsup:

According to Radio Sheffield though he might be a tad upset about it

from BBC radio Sheffield Website

Sheffield Wednesday have this morning confirmed they've rejected a bid for the defender Madjid Bougherra.

The club confirmed reports of a £1.3 million bid for the 24-year-old from Premiership strugglers Charlton Athletic.

Owls' chief executive Kaven Walker confirmed the club had turned down the offer on the club's website, stating "He is not for sale." However the club has not commented on any get-out clause for the defender.

We're led to believe Bougherra has a clause in his contract after all that allows him to talk to other clubs providing the Owls receive an offer a £1 million more than they paid for Bougherra.

Sources have revealed to us this part of the agreement hasn't been adhered to, and has apparently left Bougherra frustrated and upset.

Charlton officials are expected to meet again and decide how they will progress but it's expected they won't give up their chase easily.

Right lets get this thread back on track.

Anyone heard about these Bougherra rumours. Charlton have supposedly offered us £1.3 million for him. They can shuffle, now £2.5 million and i'd be tempted but he'd only be playing in the Prem for half a season if he goes there.

Dont tell Jazzy or Romario about this offer, thats deffo 2.7 million less than hes worth.

And why do you think he would only be there half a season ? HMMMMMM Watford, and Charlton going down leaving one spot for West "am or Wigan me thinks...

I am warming to you Bobo :love:

Regards CB

p.s. dont be a selling club like we used to be SACK ALLEN

We're led to believe Bougherra has a clause in his contract after all that allows him to talk to other clubs providing the Owls receive an offer a £1 million more than they paid for Bougherra.

Sources have revealed to us this part of the agreement hasn't been adhered to, and has apparently left Bougherra frustrated and upset.

If (I stress *if*) there is, indeed, such a clause in his contract, then not adhering to it leaves him a free agent.

If (I stress *if*) there is, indeed, such a clause in his contract, then not adhering to it leaves him a free agent.

Yep i think the writings on the wall with this offer. He's not going to want to stay if we haven't kept our side of things or misled him in any way. Charlton can throw silly money at him for wages seeing as the transfer fee is pretty low. £1.3 million is dirt cheap for a player of his potential but when was the last time we made a £1 million profit over 6 months? As long as that profit went towards strengthening the team, keeping Coughlan and with Richard Wood on the way back who knows. Hopefully Wigan can get involved and start a bidding war now this has happened. I'd be much more comfortable at £2 million.

I don't want him to go but with the team spirit being the best for some years if he gets all mardy because of this then we could end up slipping back down the table.

I would miss his marauding runs out of defence though, cant see Cocko or Bully doing that :(

Archived