Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

A little bit more work needed on your spelling and punctuation, perhaps your remedial tutor could help?

Yes we have premiership facilities, just because the powers that be at down town bog all lane have filled a corner in doesn't make it Old Trafford. Your Championship signings will stand you in good stead (pun intended) next season. :hihi:

Best post of the day! My hearty congratualtions, sir. Agree with all points and particulalrly like your use of the word 'remedial'. :)

(I can see him poring over dictionary.com now) ;)

Shhhh. ( i've got sky sports & will be watching it from the comfort of my living room with me ol' Daddy & a large bottle of San Miguel).

I am suprised, You are missing the chance to see a Premiership Ground other than Bramall Lane and you're taking a pass on your Cup Final :help:

Or are you really scared that Bladessufc1 might be coming over :hihi: :hihi:

Indeed. Even funnier is the fact that on the day one of your main relegation rivals bid a £9 million plus offer for a premiership player, your lot manage to spend £2 million on an untried Jamaican international - who nearly signed for the mighty Burnley.

And even he has rejected west ham, not a good sign is it?

You compare united to a team like west ham, who yes are spending plenty of money to try and buy their way out of trouble, whether it works or not remains to be seen. But West ham will see over the next few years there future is not as bright as they may seem. What with the aquisition of them only being a loan.

As for Clarke signing for us-could be a good move. We've needed a 'big' striker for sometime, someone who can hold the ball up and provide a bit of an aerial threat in the opposition box.

yes he "could" be a good signing, but i honestly dont believe he will be. Not being negative towards wednesday for sake of it, but you have picked up a striker with a goal ratio of 0.17 goals per game. but yes maybe he could be good for yourselves.

Spending championship money to try and stay in the premiership doesn't auger well now, does it?.

How many Championships ever stretch to this amount?

Don't worry it's only 7 1/2 hours til you can watch us on Sky :D

big count down hey?? I can see it now

"get the kids out the bed, were actually on tv"

Yes we have premiership facilities,

What premiership facilities do you refer to? I can't see it mate.

Indeed. Even funnier is the fact that on the day one of your main relegation rivals bid a £9 million plus offer for a premiership player, your lot manage to spend £2 million on an untried Jamaican international - who nearly signed for the mighty Burnley.

Spending championship money to try and stay in the premiership doesn't auger well now, does it?

As for Clarke signing for us-could be a good move. We've needed a 'big' striker for sometime, someone who can hold the ball up and provide a bit of an aerial threat in the opposition box.

Ashley Young has scored 3 goals how does that make him worth £9m it is a joke & have a look at Luton Shelton & see the goals he has scored he has scored more for Helsinborg than Larsson.

Ashley Young has scored 3 goals how does that make him worth £9m it is a joke & have a look at Luton Shelton & see the goals he has scored he has scored more for Helsinborg than Larsson.

Firstly it is 4 goals Tosh (1 in league cup this season), secondly they are totally different players, Shelton is a striker, young is an attacking midfielder. Young has a hell of a lot of potential and is very good player which is already accustomised to the english game, he is also english which also increases his price due to daft prices for english players. Where as shelton, whilst I do believe he will be an excellent signing may take time to come round to our game and is in a sense a bit of a risk.

big count down hey?? I can see it now

"get the kids out the bed, were actually on tv"

You don't have to kick the kids out of your bed to watch it, just go downstairs :D

And come on you know the Premiership facilities Annoni_mouse is on about, you've been to Hillsborough enough times to watch us!

And even he has rejected west ham, not a good sign is it?

You compare united to a team like west ham, who yes are spending plenty of money to try and buy their way out of trouble, whether it works or not remains to be seen. But West ham will see over the next few years there future is not as bright as they may seem. What with the aquisition of them only being a loan.

Sadly, 9 times out of 10 the club with the financial muscle will fare better than the club without it - at either end of the table.

yes he "could" be a good signing, but i honestly dont believe he will be. Not being negative towards wednesday for sake of it, but you have picked up a striker with a goal ratio of 0.17 goals per game. but yes maybe he could be good for yourselves.

There are no guarantees with any new signing. But Wednesday have needed a target man for at least two seasons, and regardless of his goals to game ratio, his role as a target man could be beneficial to the rest of the team.

How many Championships ever stretch to this amount?

I would guess most of the top teams in the Championship could easily spend £2 million on a player - Sunderland, Birmingham,Derby etc.Indeed havent Derby spent something like £4 million in a week on new talent?

Dont get me wrong Tosh, I believe that Young is worth no where near the reported £9 million plus offer, I was using it to illustrate that United spending £2 million in the Prem, is about the same as us signing a player for a hundred grand or so in the Championship.

Archived