Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

This is why I am questioning the facilities he refers to, as I honestly don't see it.

Depends who in the Premiership you compare against, Craven Cottage isn't exactly up to Premiership standards. I do tend to agree though that improvements do need to be made. The big crowds we got against Hull & Man City showed that with the chaos on the North Stand pay-at-the-door turnstiles. Oh and the fact you can still make out 'Presto Stand' on Leppings Lane!

Sadly, 9 times out of 10 the club with the financial muscle will fare better than the club without it - at either end of the table.

I'd say maybe 1 in 4 chance of that to be honest.

I would guess most of the top teams in the Championship could easily spend £2 million on a player - Sunderland, Birmingham,Derby etc.Indeed havent Derby spent something like £4 million in a week on new talent?

It's a very rare thing for a championship club to spend £2 million on a player. Sunderland did it that last week for stokes, Birmingham prob did it in summer, but before that i would hazard a guess the last one was maybe C morrison when he went to palarse,

Depends who in the Premiership you compare against, Craven Cottage isn't exactly up to Premiership standards. !

Nor is Vicarage Road, Fratton Park and Blackburn from memory.

But in comparison the Championship has considerably better grounds than these (and wednesday) which i would class as prem standard. Sunderlan, brum, derby, Southampton and Coventry to name but a few.

But we was actually talking permiership facilities, including the whole set up, ie youth academy, training set up etc. All of which I (sadly) don't think wednesday are competing really on

And even he has rejected west ham, not a good sign is it?

You compare united to a team like west ham, who yes are spending plenty of money to try and buy their way out of trouble, whether it works or not remains to be seen. But West ham will see over the next few years there future is not as bright as they may seem. What with the aquisition of them only being a loan.

yes he "could" be a good signing, but i honestly dont believe he will be. Not being negative towards wednesday for sake of it, but you have picked up a striker with a goal ratio of 0.17 goals per game. but yes maybe he could be good for yourselves.

How many Championships ever stretch to this amount?

big count down hey?? I can see it now

"get the kids out the bed, were actually on tv"

What premiership facilities do you refer to? I can't see it mate.

South Stand far better than yours.

North Stand far bigger than your John Street narrow hut like abortion.

Kop far better than many premiership grounds, what's so special about yours by the way?.

Away end holds 7000 and if far to good for the likes of you lot, and a lot too big judging by SUFC's last visit.

Whole ground holds 40,000 with only one corner filled in, what's SUFC's capacity?

As and when we regain our premiership status our ground will pass premiership criteria with flying colours.

I rest my case.

Define "better"....

I'm not inclined to say your south stand is better than ours, but it is a newer stand yes.

Our John Street is by miles a better stand than your north stand.

Kop far better than many premiership grounds, what's so special about yours by the way?.

Your kop is awful, all they did with the old one was chuck seats in. It needs bringing down and rebuilding (just like the north stand)

Away end holds 7000 and if far to good for the likes of you lot, and a lot too big judging by SUFC's last visit.

our last visit? we filled your away end, a further 6000 ticket was sold for the live beam back down at the lane. it may hold 7,000 (thought it 7,300 but ya prob right) but the bottom tier is ****, the top tier is decentish, and the corner has no roof (awful).

comparable to our away end, which holds 5,600 if my memory serves me correct (which you struggled to sell ya tickets for on our last encounter their), bottom tier is a decent stand, and top tier is amazing, best seat ive ever had at any stadium ive ever been to.

the corner is a brand new stand, WITH a roof.

Whole ground holds 40,000 with only one corner filled in,

This is your problem, you are looking at mass seats, not quality.

but do you not feel slightly embarrassed seeing so many empty seats when you see highlights on tv?

I know I did when i recall attendances down at the 10,000 mark for united (i remember a game with just shy of 9,000 fans, bad bad days)

what's SUFC's capacity?

believe our capacity stands at about 33,000, but it appears we may be making the kop larger (increasing capacity to about 40,000 too), which is yet to be seen though.

As and when we regain our premiership status our ground will pass premiership criteria with flying colours.

It will pass "premiership" criteria yes, but thats not hard when all they require is a safety certificate and a seated stadium (even then they give a 2 year dispenstion i think)

I rest my case.

Perhaps you shouldn't put one up.

Whole ground holds 40,000 with only one corner filled in, what's SUFC's capacity?QUOTE]

TRY FILLING IT THEN

what sthe point of having a big ground if you cant fill it ?? or even get 80% capacity.. you only just got to around 29,000 for a MASSIVE cup game against MAN C

our capacity is around 33,000. when we stay up and put another layer ont he kop. you'll be looking at 40,000+

p.s

our ground is FAR better than yours will ever be, i believe we got voted the best championship ground last year.. and is better than 40% of the premierships grounds, and we fill it week in week out, unlike you guys

Whole ground holds 40,000 with only one corner filled in, what's SUFC's capacity?

I rest my case.

Oh dear Crooksey, a page back you told me to keep taking the medication...

Back at ya :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Take a double dose will you.

The sty is a dump m8 and needs more than a lick of paint.

Even a Man City fan was posting on here about it only last week.

Didnt they shut down part of your ground for repairs not long back ? Correct me if i am wrong but sure i read that somewhere.

And AGAIN i gotta :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: about this IF AND WHEN we regain PREMIERSHIP (Like SHEFFIELD UNITED ) status..Going to be a long time :P

Now take the pills and have a little kip and when you wake up you will be out of the cup :D

And AGAIN i gotta :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: about this IF AND WHEN we regain PREMIERSHIP (Like SHEFFIELD UNITED ) status..Going to be a long time :P

but i bet it won't take us 12 years to get back there.

in fact i'll put money that wednesday will be in the same division as the pigs in less time than it took the pigs to get back into the premiership.

any takers>

Archived