Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

in fact i'll put money that wednesday will be in the same division as the pigs in less time than it took the pigs to get back into the premiership.

any takers>

At what odds, given that it can happen in two ways, but there was only one way for the Blades to get promotion?

Wednesday lose 2-1 :sad: Unfortunately Tudgay still hasn't got his scoring boots on. Good game though and Wednesday can take a lot of positives from it. A great goal from Bullen :thumbsup:

Just finished watching the highlights on telly.

Actually all 3 goals were nice Ally and Vassels shot was worthy of winning any match.

Barton should have scored 10 minutes in from that free kick that went about 1/2" past the post.

It looked like wednesd*y filled their end but, I am guessing Man City fans really didnt care about the match unless they were dressed up as sky blue seats :o

So both Sheffield teams out the cup, I guess you will be concentrating on the play-offs now then ?

Wednesday played the best football throughout, just the finishing that counts!

There was lots of good link up play from Simek & Whelan & Brunt & Maclean showed some class touches & would've scored second half, all be it a goal line clearance!

Brunt's shot was closer than Bartons shot, but i guess you would say that Bartons was closer.

Man City didn't care about the match! It is a way of them getting into Europe now many premier teams are out like Stuart Pearce said. He also said that Wednesday were one of the best teams they played this season.

Man City fans obviously aren't supportive as it was on tv, Wednesday sung them outa the ground, they went even though it was on tv! Thats suppport!

Erm,the away end at SUFC is a hell hole & a bus shelter. Wednesdays north stand was & is revolutionary, as is cantilever.

Wednesdays kop is second biggest in country behind villa!

John St better than North stand LOL

Erm,the away end at SUFC is a hell hole & a bus shelter. Wednesdays north stand was & is revolutionary, as is cantilever.

Wednesdays kop is second biggest in country behind villa!

John St better than North stand LOL

Mucho loco amigo :loopy:

Everyone but wednesd*y fans are saying its in dire need of repair.

Come on look at it, its rotting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/panoramas/sheffield_wendesday_360.shtml

but i bet it won't take us 12 years to get back there.

in fact i'll put money that wednesday will be in the same division as the pigs in less time than it took the pigs to get back into the premiership.

any takers>

No, because that could involve our relegation to your division :(

If you mean promotion to the top flight by the end of the 2011/2 season, (bearing in mind you've been at our level or below since the start of the 2000/1 season), I'll work out some odds if you wish.

South Stand far better than yours.

North Stand far bigger than your John Street narrow hut like abortion.

The North Stand is the equivalent to our South Stand. Both have great views, and crap facilities for fans when they're full. I sat on the North stand when Denmark played Croatia. Good view, have to say that.

John Street is easily as good as the South Stand, even though I think it's the worst at the Lane.

Kop far better than many premiership grounds, what's so special about yours by the way?.

Bigger than some; just like yours is as basic as it gets, but has a lot of seats.

Away end holds 7000 and if far to good for the likes of you lot, and a lot too big judging by SUFC's last visit.

Whole ground holds 40,000 with only one corner filled in, what's SUFC's capacity?

More than enough to contain your current following.

As and when we regain our premiership status our ground will pass premiership criteria with flying colours.

So could Queen's Park in Scotland's Division 3. Your point is?

I rest my case.

You never had one.

All this crap about stadia. Why has not somebody mentioned the Green un letters page? From what i recall there was a few dissenters amonst swfc fans about the state of the stadium. It has been a while since i have been there but the swfc fans i talk to are moaning at ALLEN again about his lack of investment in the stadium so why on earth can any swfc fan come on sf and actually compare grounds?

Can any swfc fan please tell me when some decent money was spent on the ground and i mean in the last 5 years?

Perhaps you should all save up and improve it yourselves as the board is struggling that much to keep the debt at a managable level.

Oh by the way we have spent nearly £4 million so far in January how about you?

Archived