Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

The rear of SUFC's Kop is a disgrace and for blunts to habour

its like that for when the extend, and build up on the kop giving it the 2nd

tier!!

thoughts that the tiny John Street stand is a premiership asset is laughable.

John street is a MASSIVE money earner for the blades, 28 Executive boxes minimum £2,000 per box per game plus drink and food

I have visited both clubs function and conference facilities and find SUFC's akin to that of a disjointed working mens club whilst SWFC's are state of the art.

Clearly you've not been recently then lol

So to conclude, the case that I am accused of not having is very easily won if some of you blunts actually opened your eyes now and again. But to be fair any club who's fans have ' A greasy chip butty' as their anthem can hardly be accused of having good taste. :hihi:

and wednesday till i die is, or hi o sheffield wednesday is??

anyway

Dare i stick my neck out and say.... were not Ready For The Premiership yet? Nor the play-offs?? but like last nights cup match we would have a bloody good go at it!

win/lose/draw... The Barmy Army will be there!!

yes they did.. i was supprised 2nd half.. but agian so are united! 5 points clear this is better than most blades though, despite are LARGE EGO's right now

some good signings recently things are looking up. the new striker scored more than larson last season and up2 now.. so fingers crossed

Dare i stick my neck out and say.... were not Ready For The Premiership yet? Nor the play-offs?? but like last nights cup match we would have a bloody good go at it!

Hee, hee - you may, sir. We'll be back! Fully believe that Macauley (& dare I say in some part, Allen) turned the corner for us last October. The team spirit, work ethic & tactics are there, as are the fans. We just need investment & players to make that final push.

The stadium is fine as it is. It's obviously the team that needs the investment. A lick of paint wouldn't go amiss, but i'd rather see us improve the squad. Deepen the spine of the team this year & sign a goalkeeper (as much as I love Crossley, he puts the fear of God into you each time he goes down) and go for wingers & full-backs next year (if we don't go up).

Hee, hee - you may, sir. We'll be back! Fully believe that Macauley (& dare I say in some part, Allen) turned the corner for us last October. The team spirit, work ethic & tactics are there, as are the fans. We just need investment & players to make that final push.

The stadium is fine as it is. It's obviously the team that needs the investment. A lick of paint wouldn't go amiss, but i'd rather see us improve the squad. Deepen the spine of the team this year & sign a goalkeeper (as much as I love Crossley, he puts the fear of God into you each time he goes down) and go for wingers & full-backs next year (if we don't go up).

Im gonna pay for sayin this but.... like ive posted b4... I admire what Dave Allen has done for the club.. its not all DEBT... the time for PS to go was right, take a look at the table!! and Ive also said this b4 too... I WANT MY WEDNESDAY BACK!! and its starting to feel like its getting there, the feel good factor is on the up!!! Great cup game last night:thumbsup: as for the stadium?? i work there.... it needs more than a like of paint!! Who cares about bum'ole lane, hillsborough is where my heart is!

Sheff Star:17/01/07

The only way is up says Laws

SHEFFIELD Wednesday are on the up despite their knockout from the FA Cup and the threat of losing three members of their regular back four for the visit of Sunderland on Saturday.

That was the message from Brian Laws today as the Owls manager took the long-term view - and pointed out that this season's revival has put struggles of the past in the shade and given the club fresh hope for the future as they bid to build on 11th place in the Championship.

"I've said to the players 'look at this time last year - where were you in the League? Fourth or fifth from bottom and frightened to death of making mistakes," said Laws.

"We are in a privileged position now, looking up not over our shoulders. With 18 games left, we've got to get those heads up, try to win every game between now and the end of the season and see where it takes us.

"If the kind of commitment we showed against Manchester City remains, I think we'll win our fair share of games."

With Frankie Simek and Tommy Spurr already suspended for Saturday, Madjid Bougherra is doubtful after missing last night's exciting replay with a calf injury.

Speculation continues about Bougherra's future, but Everton have followed Reading in denying an interest, after media reports linked them with the defender. Laws said: "We wanted him to play against City. He took a fitness test but failed. Unfortunately he has a genuine injury. I hope he's fit enough to play against Sunderland.

"His attitude is first class. He didn't want to miss the Cup match. It would have been a perfect opportunity, on Sky, for him to show his credentials."

Laws again said that the club want to keep him but would have to think twice if they get a bigger offer, in the wake of Charlton's failed £1.3m bid.

"There's a turning point in somebody's career when you move on or stop. We're hoping he stays, but financially we'd have to look at the situation as well."

Laws showered praise on his players after they put up an impressive fight against Premiership opposition.

They equalised with Lee Bullen's first goal for almost two years.

"We could have let the heads drop but we kept going," said Laws, "though we took risks at times. It made for a thoroughly entertaining second half. But it's all about taking your chances."

It is just a phase you are going through. It was the same with king Sturrocko a win at Cardiff against the odds and he was the best thing since sliced bread. A few results later and it is Allens fault sack the board etc.

I thought in the main that Sheffield fans were mostly loyal but you seem to be twisting and turning all the time.

At the moment Laws is doing great but how long will it last? no one knows for sure we can only guess but Wednesday are still massively in debt and thats the handcuffs that will probably keep swfc out of the prem league for the forseeable future.

Any player that is that good will be sold to balance the books.

I think what Allen is after, and this is only a point of view, a bit of good fortune so you can get promoted and then he can cash in on his 7% loan return and then bugger off.

It is just a phase you are going through. It was the same with king Sturrocko a win at Cardiff against the odds and he was the best thing since sliced bread. A few results later and it is Allens fault sack the board etc.

I thought in the main that Sheffield fans were mostly loyal but you seem to be twisting and turning all the time.

God take those blinkers off for once freyasdad! All football fans are fickle, your lot are just as bad. Tune into Radio Sheffield after Warnock makes his next signing and you'll find that out.

Blunt quotes from P & G recently

On Signing Stead - 'Oh he's only scored 3 goals in 3 years. That's one every Boxing Day. Warnock isn't a Premiership manager'

On signing Shelton & t'other one - 'Why has Warnock suddenly bought 2 foreigners, he said he was only going to buy British. You can't trust his word!' :loopy:

Now come on to me it sound like whatever Colin does upsets your lot.

As for us if we do manage to get promotion this season i wouldn't care if we stayed up for one season. That one season would clear the debts then we could build on from there.

God take those blinkers off for once freyasdad! All football fans are fickle, your lot are just as bad. Tune into Radio Sheffield after Warnock makes his next signing and you'll find that out.

Blunt quotes from P & G recently

On Signing Stead - 'Oh he's only scored 3 goals in 3 years. That's one every Boxing Day. Warnock isn't a Premiership manager'

On signing Shelton & t'other one - 'Why has Warnock suddenly bought 2 foreigners, he said he was only going to buy British. You can't trust his word!' :loopy:

Now come on to me it sound like whatever Colin does upsets your lot.

As for us if we do manage to get promotion this season i wouldn't care if we stayed up for one season. That one season would clear the debts then we could build on from there.

And how can we forget the chants of 'Warnock out' when they dipped at the end of last season and after a few crap results this.

Laughable!

Oh dear Mad "un...I have been saying that all along :o Guess it just took a loss to Derby and a Cup loss at Man City for the penny to drop eh ?

You are about the only one finally talking sense on here :thumbsup:

Obviously for a Cup match the team is going to be more up for it, I personally dont think you could sustain it week in and week out with the squad you have, even in the lower league you have shown to be incosistant.

Well done to the barmy army minus Jazzy that travelled the 30 odd miles for your cup final ;)

So after all the grief we got for losing to Swansea, BOTH teams went out in the 3rd round :P

It is not laughable at all jazz as you will always get peolpe who dont like either Warnock or Allen regardless of what they do.

I am on about the general views of supporters down your end.

The majority despised Allen before things started to change.

I think you'll find that the people who despised Allen still don't like him, they'd just say he got lucky for the time being.

Still you carry on living in that bitter little world of yours that thinks all Wednesday fans are Burberry clad, anti-Allen BNP supporters :loopy:

Archived