Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

With Wood coming back + Beevors making the subs bench i'd go for Sharpe and/or another decent keeper.

It's the old problem of a consistant goal scorer. We need a 25 goals a season striker. I thought the Tudgay / Burton pairing was going to give us loads but it seems not. There's a danger of Crossley getting onto the leading scorers list.

It's the old problem of a consistant goal scorer. We need a 25 goals a season striker. I thought the Tudgay / Burton pairing was going to give us loads but it seems not. There's a danger of Crossley getting onto the leading scorers list.

Bougherra is a gonna, for real!! He has wanted out, ever since Charlton came in for him, thing is if Charlton offered 2 million I'd let him go, just to see his face when he return to Hillsborough next year, they are nailed on for the drop, so why he wants out, not makse sense!!!

At Everton, that club is a nearlly club, they do so weel for a majority of the season then they fall by the wayside.

It's all about bloody money!!!

From recent form it's apparent a new centre half is a definite whether Magic goes or not, we are short int hat area, Coughlan is out of his depth, he give 100% but he's just not good enough for this standard. A left back, apart from Gilbert and Hills, who can do a job there, Spurr not a left back, hence him getting the run around when he comes up against a pacey winger? We should have put feelers out for Matteo, wages may have been a problem, but Dave Allen might have done us a 'favour'!!!

A centre forward I agree is imperative, Tudgay off the boil, looks like a Sunday player pis5ed up, Burton getting on, it's time to offload. It's about time we had strikers like Hirst and Bright, by that i mean who can net 15/20 goals per season each and give us half a chance of getting out of the Championship, until then roll on Stoke and Burnley for next season.

All the opposing managers over the last month have had nothing but positives to say about us, it obvious we are progressing, but the finished article we are not, a mid table finish would suit me, one it's realistic and two it's a massive progression from last season. Lets be realistic Owls fans.

Right I'll speak soon

Wednesday 'Til I Die

Watch this space

is there any chance of talking about stuff to do with wednesday on this thread. everytime i look at it its full of blunts sounding off.....

They are all the same mate, full of pointless views.

CanadaBlade has always been the balloon of Sheffield Forum, he's not a full shilling!!! Or should I say dollor/cent or what fooking ever!!!

Blades like Sunderland, they only come out to play when they are doing well, funny that, but!!!!

Up the Owls and keep smiling

Taken from Bougherra's own website...

Everton have come out favourites to secure the signature of highly-rated defender Madjid Bougherra today, with the Algerian already having agreed terms according to reports.

Bougherra has been linked with a number of clubs in the January transfer window including Reading, Charlton and Birmingham City - but the Toffee's are the only club prepared to match the club's £3m price tag on the defender.

And Everton boss David Moyes will use the money received for Simon Davies to move for the player following the departure of key defender David Weird to Rangers earlier this month.

Owls chairman Dave Allen has already rejected a £1.3m approach for the player from Charlton Athletic, demanding at least £3m for the player, but Everton look set for a £2m plus bonuses bid as a compromise.

Reports have revealed that the Algerian international has already agreed terms with the club after activating a clause in Bougherra' contract, but the deal could yet be thrown in to doubt as Moyes' attacking options were weakened with the news that James McFadden.

Breaking News

Sheffield Wednesday have agreed a fee in excess of £250,000 with Luton Town for the transfer of Drew Talbot to Kenilworth Road.

The 20-year-old striker has travelled south for talks with Mike Newell's side.

Talbot recently joined Scunthorpe United on loan and scored in his second start for them at Doncaster Rovers last Saturday.

He has made seven appearances for the Owls this season, five of them coming as a substitute.

Another player apparently not for sale! :suspect:

Right. WTF is going on:

Sheffield Wednesday have agreed a fee in excess of £250,000 with Luton Town for the transfer of Drew Talbot to Kenilworth Road.

The 20-year-old striker has travelled south for talks with Mike Newell's side.

Talbot recently joined Scunthorpe United on loan and scored in his second start for them at Doncaster Rovers last Saturday.

He has made seven appearances for the Owls this season, five of them coming as a substitute.

Off the Wednesday website!

Archived