Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Nowt like giving players a chance eh, ooh you don't half sound a positive soul!

Bloody hell this is what gets me about certain fans (especially on Owlstalk).

P.S. - So who are these decent players that they should get in then??

Listen, I can judge this current side/squad, I go and splash my money around every fooking week. I am positive, but also realistic!! I don't slate the team, I am giving you my view as a fan who is there week in week out!!!

Leon Court and Jermaine Johnson, will not make the grade at S6, they are too young, they'll be over-rored by the Hillsborough faithful. There has been plenty of goings on in the transfer window. Only time will tell!!

Remember the last Wolves striker who joined us, Adam Shi*telock, too busy wanting to drink and make a fool of himself to the Chairmans wife.

Domonic Matteo, a perfect replacement for Bougherra, who they go to STOKE?

Stoke are a team who we need to look at closely, they pluck players on loan from teams in the Premier, who really should be playing week in week out, we just seem to buy Championship trash or Division 1 decent players.

Realistically we were never going to go up this season, what has happend so far is more than I could have expected. If we want to puch for promotion we need an experience midfielder, Ray Palour just been released from Boro, why not sound him out? Wages are payable as Dave Allen has shown us with the Carson and Bishcoff loan, he's also paying Crossleys wages as well.

Up the Owls

Leon Court and Jermaine Johnson, will not make the grade at S6, they are too young, they'll be over-rored by the Hillsborough faithful. There has been plenty of goings on in the transfer window. Only time will tell!!

Westilad, I wouldn't be too negative about these guys mate, Jermaine Johnson looks like a sound investment, he's got experience for his age. He's played for Bolton, Oldham & Bradford as well as 40 international caps!

Colin Todd sounded reluctant about selling him but was pushed into it by the board, He described JJ as having great ability and a player who would attract alot of attention from bigger clubs.

As for Leon, well.. lets just stay positive for now and give Laws the benefit of the doubt. As you say promotion never really was the aim at the beginning of the season but the blistering pace that Wednesday picked up during the managerial twists and turns made it a realistic target.

If it happens and we get into the play-offs, it'll be an added bonus. But, till then lets not turn on the players and manager just yet, Lets keep the blue & white flag flying high.

Up The Owls!

Listen, I can judge this current side/squad, I go and splash my money around every fooking week. I am positive, but also realistic!! I don't slate the team, I am giving you my view as a fan who is there week in week out!!!

Remember the last Wolves striker who joined us, Adam Shi*telock, too busy wanting to drink and make a fool of himself to the Chairmans wife.

Domonic Matteo, a perfect replacement for Bougherra, who they go to STOKE?

Stoke are a team who we need to look at closely, they pluck players on loan from teams in the Premier, who really should be playing week in week out, we just seem to buy Championship trash or Division 1 decent players.

Realistically we were never going to go up this season, what has happend so far is more than I could have expected. If we want to puch for promotion we need an experience midfielder, Ray Palour just been released from Boro, why not sound him out? Wages are payable as Dave Allen has shown us with the Carson and Bishcoff loan, he's also paying Crossleys wages as well.

Up the Owls

How do you know i'm not there week in/week out eh? Don't get on your high horse giving all the 'I go to more matches so i must be more qualified' schtick when you don't even know the other person! Wasn't saying you can't judge the side, just sick of how negative people get. People around me in the North Stand jump on players back at the slightest mistake then wonder why they fail to perform yet backtrack when they score (al a Brunt).

So by your reckoning we should never get young players because they can't handle the idiots in the crowd getting on their back? Well if that's case we are never going to progress coz we'll end up having to get a new squad of OAP loans and rejects every year!

Your arguments don't make sense, Leon Clarke is gonna be rubbish coz he came from Wolves just like Proudlock. What sort of statement is that! Yeah replace Bougherra with an injury prone 30 odd year old who's not played first team football for god knows how long, that's good business. You've already judged that Clarke/Johnson won't be able to cope yet put 'only time will tell' to cover your arse if they do! You say were never gonna go up this season yet get Parlour in to push for promotion, your contradicting yourself all the time! And why should we have to rely on Dave Allen paying the wages? The less he has to do with funding players the better. We don't want to be reliant on him especially if we want new investors.

Look were both passionate about the Owls but you have to have faith in whats happening. We'll be back in the top flight, football goes in cycles. We're on the up now and need to get a settled core of players together who can push on (like Reading did).

Just read where that new signing of Wednesday's from Bradford will miss 3 games because of a technicality.

Just when the F.A. seems to have reached the pinnacle of stupidity they up the ante.

Absolutely ridiculous. :loopy:

Yeah the 2 game ban has to correspond with the fixtures of the club he previously played for. So because Bradford aren't playing tonight but are on the next 2 Saturdays those are the matches that will count. If that's the case then why cant he play in tonights match if it's not part of the suspension period? I'm sure it's someones job at the FA/FIFA to come up with 1 stupid rule every year.

Yeah the 2 game ban has to correspond with the fixtures of the club he previously played for. So because Bradford aren't playing tonight but are on the next 2 Saturdays those are the matches that will count. If that's the case then why cant he play in tonights match if it's not part of the suspension period? I'm sure it's someones job at the FA/FIFA to come up with 1 stupid rule every year.

I think that if it would have happened to one of the "glamour" clubs previously, the rule would have been amended by now.

Archived