Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

:hihi: :hihi:

Funny that you mention that story Crooksey.

Do you remember when we met up for beers and got approached by them 2 pros ?

You left in your car with the rotunder one and i got left with the Angelina Jolie lookalike. Long story short, She asked me to kiss her where it smelt, and it took me 1/2 hour to drive to Fir Vale :D

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I always say Rotherham.

Not too impresed with Laws's record to-date. Take away the points they notched-up under McAuley, before Laws's appointment, and the Owls wouldn't be much higher than they were under Sturrock.

At Feb1 Sturrock 10 from 36pts, McAuley 10 from 12 and Laws 20 from 42.

So laws is doing a lot better then yes? 20 from 42 points is nearly half, 10 from 36 is just over a quarter

So laws is doing a lot better then yes? 20 from 42 points is nearly half, 10 from 36 is just over a quarter

That's not what I said. Take 10 points gained by McAuley and subtract it from 40 = 30, which would put Wednesday joint third from bottom alongside QPR, which is not far from where they languished when Sturrock was in charge.

Didn't disagree with Sturrock's sacking but it's becoming clear Laws is not the panacea Allen believes. Forget the play-offs, clubs above Wednesday are beating them week after week now.

Sides always seem to do well when a new manager takes over as well Robbie.

Be interesting to see how they do now after yet another loss.

Flaws seemed to be doing ok but, the owls have lost 4 league matches in a row and if you count the cup games against Man City then they have 1 draw and 5 losses in the last 6.

It seems the players want to play for him but, when you lose your best player to Charlton of all teams,dont you think the other players heads will go down a bit because looking at the table, Its going to be another mid table finish when realistically before the January freeze ( 0 League points) the play-offs were in sight and now to be honest they are playing out the string unless lots of teams above them have the wheels fall off.

That's not what I said. Take 10 points gained by McAuley and subtract it from 40 = 30, which would put Wednesday joint third from bottom alongside QPR, which is not far from where they languished when Sturrock was in charge.

Didn't disagree with Sturrock's sacking but it's becoming clear Laws is not the panacea Allen believes. Forget the play-offs, clubs above Wednesday are beating them week after week now.

But the poitns speak clearly for themselves,

also the calibre of teams wednesday have beaten under laws has been better too. and the football also has been better yes?

If i was an owl I would be livid that he gave him a 3 year contact then sacked him (Maybe some of that money could have been used to keep your best player at Swillsborough).

To be honest I did say a long time ago that the teams you were beating were poor mid table or lower sides and while it looked great while you were zooming up the table *** Reality Check*** Brimingham, Derby and Sunderland are the teams you have to beat to make the play-offs and you just didn't do it and the sad truth is its another season in the League Championship for you.

Do you think Allen fired Sturrocko and hired Laws to deflect his own ineptness as a Chairman ?

If i was an owl I would be livid that he gave him a 3 year contact then sacked him (Maybe some of that money could have been used to keep your best player at Swillsborough).

To be honest I did say a long time ago that the teams you were beating were poor mid table or lower sides and while it looked great while you were zooming up the table *** Reality Check*** Brimingham, Derby and Sunderland are the teams you have to beat to make the play-offs and you just didn't do it and the sad truth is its another season in the League Championship for you.

Do you think Allen fired Sturrocko and hired Laws to deflect his own ineptness as a Chairman ?

A footballer of past fame who's name evades me set aside a paragraph in his autobiography titled 'The average football club chairman's knowledge of the game'. It consisted of a single blank page, enough said. ;)

How do you know i'm not there week in/week out eh? Don't get on your high horse giving all the 'I go to more matches so i must be more qualified' schtick when you don't even know the other person! Wasn't saying you can't judge the side, just sick of how negative people get. People around me in the North Stand jump on players back at the slightest mistake then wonder why they fail to perform yet backtrack when they score (al a Brunt).

So by your reckoning we should never get young players because they can't handle the idiots in the crowd getting on their back? Well if that's case we are never going to progress coz we'll end up having to get a new squad of OAP loans and rejects every year!

Your arguments don't make sense, Leon Clarke is gonna be rubbish coz he came from Wolves just like Proudlock. What sort of statement is that! Yeah replace Bougherra with an injury prone 30 odd year old who's not played first team football for god knows how long, that's good business. You've already judged that Clarke/Johnson won't be able to cope yet put 'only time will tell' to cover your arse if they do! You say were never gonna go up this season yet get Parlour in to push for promotion, your contradicting yourself all the time! And why should we have to rely on Dave Allen paying the wages? The less he has to do with funding players the better. We don't want to be reliant on him especially if we want new investors.

Look were both passionate about the Owls but you have to have faith in whats happening. We'll be back in the top flight, football goes in cycles. We're on the up now and need to get a settled core of players together who can push on (like Reading did).

Now you've finished, calm down, out your tampon back in and lets discuss.:hihi:

No seriously, let me get things straight

The last paragraph is fantastic, completley agree, I would use 'viscious' in front of cycle, we will pass Sheffield United again, in the 80's were were the team, we get relegated United go up in 89/90. We go down reshape the squad, United have a decent season, we go up. Back in same league. United go down 2/3 years after going up, we stay up and reach top 3 in first season, have 2/3 good seasons where top we finish top 7. We go down and continue to go down, reaching the abyss that is League 1. United go up and franchise the club, have good sup runs, are able to afford decent Championship players using their experience to gain promotion.

The area of Clarke is simple, he has failed to deliver the goods at Wolves? Why is that? He can't handle the playing pressure, Wolves is very much similar to the goings on at S6....we are this so called sleeping giant, much like the Wolves!!! Some players just can't handle the pressure of the fans, he looks nervous when he played last week against Sunderland, and same at Southampton, yes I was one of the 1,000 or so that made the dreaded 4 hour trip.

8 goals in 50 games, not sure of the correct numbers (don't quote me on figures), but that doesn't bode well for him at Hillsborough.

I am just so confident we have made a bad signing in Leon Clarke.

First of all, I haven't quoted you don't go to games. I am giving you my views of the topic. I have the right to judge any player after an ex amount of games, I pay a damn lot of money, they earn a damn lot of money, you can pick a decent player out who wants to play for the Owls and like likewise who doens't. These idiots are passionate as you scarfies, so how can you judge them? They will have travelled land and sea to watch the Owls, so it fooks me off when I hear comments like that, how can you call them idiots, half of them are right in what they say, maybe they should construct their sentences a little better, however if the players aren't producing then yes they can have their say, whether it be constructive or not, everyone is differnt, but I can gaurentee that all 20,000 plus who are there week in week out all want the same goals in life when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday.

The lad from Bradford, from what Laws has said, he may well be a good aqcisition. If he can run at defenders and use this so called 'blistering pace', I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong. I admit that, but I do wish we would have signed a more experience type of player in the transfer window

How can I contradict myself, I have stated that the Owls would never go up this season, a mid-table position would be progression, for sure it would!!

But the angle I am trying to get across is, the team needs strenghting with experienced players!! There are plenty about, I think a player of Parlours calibre would rub off on the likes of Small, Lunt and Brunt, Whelan can carry on playing like he is, he's been awesome, just wish it would rub off on others!! Week in Week out he has produced, not bad for someone who was told he wasn't wanted.

Matteo may have been out injured for some time, but he would have sured up the defence. He still has a few years left in the old legs yet.

Thompson at Leeds, why on earth didn't we put the feelers out? He was free, his wages can't be that big, Big Ken has capped the highest wage earners since taking over.

We need to emulate the likes of Stoke City, plucking the older experienced players out who can help them rise up the table. I know loan players can be hit and miss, but if you get these premiership players who are fringe players they have everything to play for when out on loan.

I could go on all day and tell you what I think........but

I'll leave it be, see you at Preston on Saturday!!! Well not see you personally...

You have your view I have mine, so let just beg to differ..........

I hope that I am proved wrong, Owls go up, win all the cups........god I am dreaming again

Wednesday Til I Die!!!

PS - No hard feelings son!!

It's apparent to me that Laws neither expects, or is aiming for the play offs....this season. He's building a team for next year. He's signed someone who will run at defenders and scare them, that's got to be good.

The signing of Clarke will turn out to be a good one if Laws can mould him into what he wants. There are times when a manager has to buy a player based on potential rather than on history.

We could have a top rate centre half coming through.

And much as Crossley's been good for the team, we need to look for a goalie next year, (and keep Crossley on).

Laws played under Brian Clough, and in his autobiography Cloughie said he always built his teams around 3 positions. A good goalie, good centre half, good goal scorer. And he turned average teams into great ones. It's just around the corner folks !

Ok, so theres this.....

Wheres Jazzy ?

Missing his charm,wit and Neil Warnock rants :rant:

Certainly one of the better fowl posters on here along with Brooksey, Crooksey and maduksey

And this.......

You left in your car with the rotunder one and i got left with the Angelina Jolie lookalike. Long story short, She asked me to kiss her where it smelt, and it took me 1/2 hour to drive to Fir Vale

Canadablade, can I just ask what you're fishing for?.. another rise from me I suppose, Is it possible you might be able to get off this thread for abit so we OWLS can talk about FOOTBALL - in those two posts did you mention anything about Wednesday???....

I'm trying my best to ignore your grunting as you seemed to have p*ssed off so many Owls and Blades too.

I really dont think the other good posters on the blades thread like Robbielovin, Bladesufc1, djash, tosh13 and Freyasdad can stand your posts anymore and seem to accept what you say reluctantly just to humour you.

Give it up pig, your about as transparent as an armchair fan in another continent.

Archived