Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Attn: westilad80

I would reply to your post but i've forgotten half of it after trawling through the rest of the crap after it! Anyway from what i can remember yes Clarke hasn't pulled up any trees at the moment (and i admit i only saw him against Sunderland, but the commentary on Wed said he was poor) but as someone else pointed out were not in a position to buy readymade players any more, we have to buy potential. Jumping on his, rather substantial, back ain't gonna help. As for the experience we have done that in the past with the likes of Soltvedt, Mustoe, Marsden and look what they 'achieved'. As for Saturday we usually do alright against Preston and for once i have to agree with Robbie and say if we keep Nugent quiet then we might nick it.

Oh and by the way it isn't a tampon, it's a telescope with a mouse in it :D (If you haven't seen The Young Ones that'll be lost on yer)

Ok, so theres this.....

And this.......

Canadablade, can I just ask what you're fishing for?.. another rise from me I suppose, Is it possible you might be able to get off this thread for abit so we OWLS can talk about FOOTBALL - in those two posts did you mention anything about Wednesday???....

I'm trying my best to ignore your grunting as you seemed to have p*ssed off so many Owls and Blades too.

I really dont think the other good posters on the blades thread like Robbielovin, Bladesufc1, djash, tosh13 and Freyasdad can stand your posts anymore and seem to accept what you say reluctantly just to humour you.

Give it up pig, your about as transparent as an armchair fan in another continent.

Lestat,

I don't need any help in respect of CB he knows that I give as good as I get, we were just having a bit of a laugh at each others expense. Yes he is a master troller and lands you any time he wants to, it takes two to tango (no pun intended) so just refuse to dance.

I quite enjoy a bit of banter with him, it's old style kop humour that has been long lost. The south stand at Hillsborough is a cross between a kindergarten and an airport departure lounge and not the vibrant electric place that it was prior to crowd segregation when inter fan banter was part and parcel of the match. What we get now knob heads shouting and giving the rods to the away fans and vice versa.

So relax and enjoy, it's not worth getting up tight about. :thumbsup:

Lestat,

I don't need any help in respect of CB he knows that I give as good as I get, we were just having a bit of a laugh at each others expense. Yes he is a master troller and lands you any time he wants to, it takes two to tango (no pun intended) so just refuse to dance.

I quite enjoy a bit of banter with him, it's old style kop humour that has been long lost.

So relax and enjoy, it's not worth getting up tight about. :thumbsup:

Quality post from a quality poster who knows the score :thumbsup:

P.S. Not a master troller really, Its just some unnamed person has to say summat everytime.

I am trying to refuse to dance because my landing net is FULL :D

Quality post from a quality poster who knows the score :thumbsup:

P.S. Not a master troller really, Its just some unnamed person has to say summat everytime.

I've written and re-written a reply to this post so many times but am going to resist this time. It's what you want so I'll not reply. :cool:

Lets see you post something about Fir Vale or SWFC aimed this way as you go fishing again now...that'd be such a surprise.:gag:

But the poitns speak clearly for themselves,

also the calibre of teams wednesday have beaten under laws has been better too. and the football also has been better yes?

So little changed between the team Sturrock left and the one Laws inherited; other than Laws upped the tempo; players came back from injury, and he signed a commanding keeper.

It took so little to put things right; before the team started playing with confidence and the football improved as a result..

Equally, so little has changed in the last month, and now it's started going the other way again.

Confidence is everything.... and it'll not be long before it starts evaporating if this run persists & there is very limited reserve goalkeeping cover on the books should anything happen to Crossley.

Another major difference between December under Laws against August under Sturriock; was opposition shots were hitting woodwork , that were previously going in etc; and ours started going in, instead of hitting the woodwork. Plus a few penalties for instead of against helped.

Just been watching the German Bundesliga tonight, Nürnburg vs Bayern. 3-0 thrashing of the mighty Bayern is a rarity but what I found more interesting is who was on the reserve bank. None other than Gerald Sibon! Unfortunately his services were not required tonight though.

SWFC 1-3 PNE

Nugent scored twice as Preston recovered from conceding an early goal.

Burton put the Owls infront after just four minutes from 20 yards, Ormerod soon equalised with a header.

Nugent struck on the stroke of half-time. Nugent's second came just after the break, converting from six yards.... over all i thought we played poor and PNE played the better football.:suspect: Att: 22,441

DOWN TO 13TH...

Teams Pld Pts

Derby County 31 62

Preston North End 31 56

West Brom 31 55

Birmingham City 29 54

Cardiff City 31 52

Southampton 31 52

Sunderland 31 50

Stoke City 31 49

Colchester United 31 48

Wolverhampton Wanderers 31 47

Plymouth Argyle 31 43

Crystal Palace 31 42

Sheffield Wednesday 31 40

Ipswich Town 31 39

Burnley 30 38

Coventry City 31 37

Norwich City 30 37

Leicester City 30 34

Queens Park Rangers 31 33

Barnsley 31 32

Luton Town 31 32

Hull City 31 31

Southend United 31 28

>>>>>>>>Leeds United 30 27 <<<<<<<

Pretty poor performance by Wednesday. Hope they can turn it around quick! Surely they weren't a one man team?!!

Nice to see L**ds lose again though! :hihi:

Do you mean Boughera Ally?.

Although we both lost today, we still have reason to smile as you quite rightly say the 'weeds' have lost again. Wonder what the reaction of pixie faced Wise will be. :hihi:

Do you mean Boughera Ally?.

Yes, I do mean Bougherra. I know he's a big loss but Wednesday did give an encouraging performance against Man City without him. Is it just lack of confidence?

I must say that Leon Clarke looks like joining the list of worst signings ever! :sad:

Archived