Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Yes, I do mean Bougherra. I know he's a big loss but Wednesday did give an encouraging performance against Man City without him. Is it just lack of confidence?

I must say that Leon Clarke looks like joining the list of worst signings ever! :sad:

Another sad performance today lads.

Another sad performance today lads.
yep sad it was...

match report: 365:

Preston hit back to silence Owls

Promotion hopefuls Preston bounced back from an early Sheffield Wednesday goal to claim all three points with a 3-1 victory at Hillsborough. With the first real chance of the game after four minutes, Owls striker Deon Burton struck a left-footed shot from 20 yards out to beat North End goalkeeper Andy Lonergan.

But Preston made a quick recovery two minutes later through Brett Ormerod's close-range header, before David Nugent claimed their second on the brink of half-time and their third at the start of the second half.

Wednesday dominated early on and Chris Brunt came close to scoring a second after 10 minutes.

The 22-year-old midfielder's inswinging corner was a strong effort, but Lonergan was ready this time and punched the ball to safety.

Brunt set up Glenn Whelan minutes later from another corner, but the Owls midfielder's shot sailed past the post.

Marcus Tudgay then tested Lonergan with a powerful header, which the North End stopper tipped over the net for another corner - which amounted to nothing.

Preston started to come back into the game and got a chance to score midway through the first half but goal-scorer Ormerod's cross was delivered safely into the hands of goalkeeper Mark Crossley.

Preston tested Crossley again on the half-hour mark as Paul McKenna's long-range free-kick curled into the danger zone, but the veteran was prepared and made a save.

Then Nugent was on target just before the break with his 12th goal of the season as his 12-yard effort sent Preston into the lead.

Preston began the second half well and Nugent came close to adding his second five minutes after the break although his shot went wide.

But 10 minutes into the second half the Preston striker paired up with Ormerod and there was no error this time as he extended the lead to 3-1.

Ormerod crossed the ball in from the left wing and Nugent finished off well with a close-range shot at the centre of the goal.

Preston were now in full control of the game and Danny Pugh was close to adding a fourth goal on the hour mark.

But the Owls would not give up without a fight and Brunt desperately tried to get one back with a long-range effort midway through the second half, but the ball sailed past the goalpost.

Teenage defender Mark Beevers - in just his second start for Wednesday - came close with 15 minutes to go, but his 18-yard shot was off target.

Burton tried to add his second for Wednesday with two chances in quick succession towards the end of the game, but could not hit the back of the net.

No. It's just random fluctuations. Wins and losses are not distributed evenly through the season. Wednesday had a good run, now they've hit a bad patch. It happens.

It's a mere blip, allright a big blip but not to worry. I can't help thinking that something happened once we reached the mythical safety total of 40 points.

It also looks like the Shefffield 2 mob will stay up. 7 points clear of the drop zone, thats 2 wins and a draw. Can't see that being clawed back.

Wheres Jazzy ?

Missing his charm,wit and Neil Warnock rants :rant:

I know he was going through a few things , hope the lads alright :thumbsup:

Certainly one of the better fowl posters on here along with Brooksey, Crooksey and maduksey

Easy CB. Thanks for the kind words mate, means a lot. :thumbsup:

Am having a bit of a torrid one at the moment & was off 4 days last week with man-flu. Would post some Warnock rants but have around 1,000 emails to go through & a sh*tload of work to catch up on this morning.

In a bit.

United will be staying up.

Win our home matches and its no problem.

If we get to the last 5 matches in good shape we have nowt to fear :thumbsup:

Famous last words CB, I used them many times in the past but my team were not reading the same script as me. You have won seven games, drawn six and lost thirteen so with eleven games to go you are probably amongst the relegation second favourites. Watford are all but down and West Ham and Charlton are hardly pulling up any trees, Wigan and Man City look likely to also be in the dog fight and look to join you as relegation second favourites.

Do you see a bottom six with any other names in it? On an end of season safety points tally I'm going for 39 definate and anything between 35 and 38 as possible safety, what do you think?

Famous last words CB, I used them many times in the past but my team were not reading the same script as me. You have won seven games, drawn six and lost thirteen so with eleven games to go you are probably amongst the relegation second favourites. Watford are all but down and West Ham and Charlton are hardly pulling up any trees, Wigan and Man City look likely to also be in the dog fight and look to join you as relegation second favourites.

Do you see a bottom six with any other names in it? On an end of season safety points tally I'm going for 39 definate and anything between 35 and 38 as possible safety, what do you think?

NO---I dont see a bottom 6 with any other names in it i agree with you there.

IF we win 4 games from our last 12 matches that will put us on 39 points meaning West Ham and Charlton would both need 20 points from 12 matches because we have a far superior goal average to both them teams.

We have to play West Ham, Watford, Wigan and Newcastle at BDTBL and we have Charlton away.

If we get a point off Spurs and Everton at home plus points from the above games as we should then we will be more than ok.

Not expecting anything from Moan U, Chelski or Liverpoo away :P

Regards CB

SWFC 1-3 PNE

Nugent scored twice as Preston recovered from conceding an early goal.

Burton put the Owls infront after just four minutes from 20 yards, Ormerod soon equalised with a header.

Nugent struck on the stroke of half-time. Nugent's second came just after the break, converting from six yards.... over all i thought we played poor and PNE played the better football.:suspect: Att: 22,441

DOWN TO 13TH...

Teams Pld Pts

Derby County 31 62

Preston North End 31 56

West Brom 31 55

Birmingham City 29 54

Cardiff City 31 52

Southampton 31 52

Sunderland 31 50

Stoke City 31 49

Colchester United 31 48

Wolverhampton Wanderers 31 47

Plymouth Argyle 31 43

Crystal Palace 31 42

Sheffield Wednesday 31 40

Ipswich Town 31 39

Burnley 30 38

Coventry City 31 37

Norwich City 30 37

Leicester City 30 34

Queens Park Rangers 31 33

Barnsley 31 32

Luton Town 31 32

Hull City 31 31

Southend United 31 28

>>>>>>>>Leeds United 30 27 <<<<<<<

its nice to see leeds down where they belong..blackwell must be wetting his pants:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Archived