Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Very good signing!

Wednesday have today completed the signing of 32-year-old West Brom defender Steve Watson on loan until the end of the season.

Laws announced he was keen to add some experience at the back following the sale of Madjid Bougherra and injuries to Graham Coughlan and Richard Wood - and today he got his man.

Laws said: 'We're delighted to sign Steve, he's an outstanding player who has played at the very top of his profession. The lowest he has been is in the Championship and he just wants to kick-start his career. He's 32, he's got a lot left in him and has played in a lot of positions including centre half, midfield and right back so he can adapt to anywhere you put him.

'The fact that he's got the experience that we've been missing in the defence will help because he's a very good talker and organiser. He will help to make our defence a lot more solid at this moment in time. It's a great signing for us and one that we've been trying to chase for a while.'

And the former Newcastle and Everton man is keen to get his career back on track after failing to net a regular place in Tony Mowbray's side at The Hawthorns.

He said: 'I thought a loan deal would be a great idea for both parties. Obviously I feel I've got a lot to offer and I need a change. I've had a lot of time out of the team recently and I hope a change and getting into the team here will give me a buzz and get me going again.

'I've got a lot of experience and games under my belt to bring to the team. I've played at the stadium loads of times with various clubs, mainly with Newcastle, and I know the crowd is fantastic and the stadium is brilliant.'

Watson will go straight in to the squad that travels to Burnley tomorrow and is likely to feature in the centre of defence alongside Lee Bullen.

---

Well done, Laws!

A very good signing, however I do feel we need a centre half, Watson is predominately a right back, however that will be good cover for Simek.

All you travellers who are off to Burnely, I spoke with someone who I know there and upto late last night there has been no snow!! Furthermore they are expecting none as well!!

Burnley have undersoil heating as well which should help, I really hope it's not called off?!?!

Fingers Crossed!!

Come on you Blue and White Wizards.

another crap signing haha your season gets beter and better.. nice old man to help run you down the league..

PLAYOFFS not in sight now are they HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

your sh** and you know u are

we said the exact same when we signed unworth though!!

another crap signing haha your season gets beter and better.. nice old man to help run you down the league..

Did one of the other monkeys in your pen manage to unlock the door again?

They did o.k. with Crosley though and he's no spring chicken.

Archived