Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Get in! As if a band as great as them would have any red & white planks in their midst. Particularly gratifying to see that the kicked out that monkey for basically being a pig. Quality - up the Owls & a big congrats to the Artics.

'Wednesday fans and Sheffield's finest band the Arctic Monkeys bagged two awards at last night's Brit Awards - winning the best British group and best British album.

Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Matt Helders and Nick O'Malley are all big Wednesday fans - often seen on stage sporting the famous blue and white shirt and making appearances at Hillsborough watching the blue and white wizards.

And they were rewarded for their fantastic album 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not' - which is the fastest selling debut album on record - with the award for the best British album, while they also collected the best British band gong - just a year after bursting on to the scene.

The band did have a Sheffield United fan in their ranks - bassist Andy Nicholson - but alas, the Monkeys are now 100 per cent blue and white following Nicholson's departure from the band last year, to be replaced by Nick O'Malley.

To make things even sweeter for the band, self-confessed Blades fan Sean Bean had the honour of revealing the Monkey's as the winner's in the best British band category - chin up, Sean!'

One thing about the league we are in, is everyone is capable of beating everyone else on the day.

I'm always confident of getting a point away to top six clubs; but never of beating one of the bottom three.

I.e. Two months ago won at Stoke; then a week later lost at home to Hull (albeit with a coujple of linesman's assists.

That's the reality of watching Wednesday.

Get in! As if a band as great as them would have any red & white planks in their midst. Particularly gratifying to see that the kicked out that monkey for basically being a pig. Quality - up the Owls & a big congrats to the Artics.

'Wednesday fans and Sheffield's finest band the Arctic Monkeys bagged two awards at last night's Brit Awards - winning the best British group and best British album.

Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Matt Helders and Nick O'Malley are all big Wednesday fans - often seen on stage sporting the famous blue and white shirt and making appearances at Hillsborough watching the blue and white wizards.

And they were rewarded for their fantastic album 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not' - which is the fastest selling debut album on record - with the award for the best British album, while they also collected the best British band gong - just a year after bursting on to the scene.

The band did have a Sheffield United fan in their ranks - bassist Andy Nicholson - but alas, the Monkeys are now 100 per cent blue and white following Nicholson's departure from the band last year, to be replaced by Nick O'Malley.

To make things even sweeter for the band, self-confessed Blades fan Sean Bean had the honour of revealing the Monkey's as the winner's in the best British band category - chin up, Sean!'

Heard when they did a show in Los Angeles the crowd was full of shirt wearing Blades.

No pig fans in town :o Theres a suprise :D

Guess they wont be selling as many CD's now will they ?

and your point is??:loopy:

so cos there PIG fans does that mean you get a bigger crowd or soemthing? please if you rposting on here, post something decent:thumbsup:

so cos there PIG fans does that mean you get a bigger crowd or soemthing? please if you rposting on here, post something decent:thumbsup:

While I'm at it, who are you to say what people post on a Wednesday thread? You just come on here to wind people up. This is a Wednesday thread so it is for Sheffield Wednesday supporters. If you want to slag off Wednesday do it on a seperate thread or even better got to the Travellers on a Wednesday home gome and share your views. I doubt you would do that though, you keyboard warrior.

Hooo-hoo-hoo! Yeah no worries, sunshine. Seeing as you know:

a) always what you are talking about

b) how to publish something legible

c) never to post inanities yourself

d) ...that you're on the Wednesday thread telling me what to post!

How we laughed...:hihi:

Archived