Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Heard when they did a show in Los Angeles the crowd was full of shirt wearing Blades.

No pig fans in town :o Theres a suprise :D

Guess they wont be selling as many CD's now will they ?

Jes*s! They really have come out of the woodwork this season, haven't they? 'The mythical 12,000 blunts...' Here today, gone for relegation.

So by that reckoning jazz you would presumably get 40,000 of you lot for every home game? think not. We for home games get between 27,000-31,000depending on the cicumstances. You would probaly get the same number of home fans if in the same league. Why 31,000 you ask ? well because of the demand for tickets after the Liverpool game where 40,000 or even more could have been sold. United only give the bottom tier to away fans now so if it is a big game there is approximately 2,500 away fans the rest are United out of a 33,000 capacity.

No big letter this time jazz so you will have to read it s l o w l y.

So by that reckoning jazz you would presumably get 40,000 of you lot for every home game? think not. We for home games get between 27,000-31,000depending on the cicumstances. You would probaly get the same number of home fans if in the same league. Why 31,000 you ask ? well because of the demand for tickets after the Liverpool game where 40,000 or even more could have been sold. United only give the bottom tier to away fans now so if it is a big game there is approximately 2,500 away fans the rest are United out of a 33,000 capacity.

I a-l-w-a-y-s read your posts slowly, FD. :P

For fear of uspsetting your dear wife, I'll hold back a little.

But first of all I must point out that this post justifies my earlier comment that you are an illiterate chav. As do many of your previous irrelevant rants.

United get bigger attendances this season. Fact. Why? Because of the opposition.

I know quite a few people who go to the lane, sit in the united sections with the blades fans, who aren't blades, they just want to see Premiership football.

The size of a club is indicated by it's following when there is no lure of a top tier opposition. And Wednesday beat the blades on that hands down every time.

Sheffield as the fourth largest populated city in the country has thousands of exiled fans from all over the place who go down to the lane and sit amongst unitedites to watch their team. In our Premiership days this was the norm and most likely still is.

We have all met the Sheffield born and bred Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal fans have we not? There are also 55,000 students in Sheffield, might some of them perhaps attend the odd game or two? So get real you blunts you lot are not the total answer to your increased gate receipts.

I can recall a mid week reserve match at Hillsborough when over 10,000 turned up, that was just a few less than a blunts first team Saturday home gate at the time. If you blunts are able you will have to wait until we join you before the question can be answered. ;)

Sheffield as the fourth largest populated city in the country has thousands of exiled fans from all over the place who go down to the lane and sit amongst unitedites to watch their team. In our Premiership days this was the norm and most likely still is.

We have all met the Sheffield born and bred Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal fans have we not? There are also 55,000 students in Sheffield, might some of them perhaps attend the odd game or two? So get real you blunts you lot are not the total answer to your increased gate receipts.

I can recall a mid week reserve match at Hillsborough when over 10,000 turned up, that was just a few less than a blunts first team Saturday home gate at the time. If you blunts are able you will have to wait until we join you before the question can be answered. ;)

A beautiful post. Fair brought a tear to my eye. :thumbsup:

UTO!

Is Laws doing the right thing taking his time...? "Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws says he's in no rush to offer a new contract to Steve MacLean".... laws has other priorities??

Laws: "I've already highlighted the positions I'd like to strengthen, the players that we'd like to talk to in the future so until we really cement that decision, contracts really have been put on the sideboard for the moment.

"But we'll certainly will be bringing them up in the near future, but there's nothing to panic about at this moment in time."

Laws also said he's drawn up a short-list of goalkeepers that he's hoping to sign in the summer.

The Owls boss admits he needs to bring in a keeper on a permanent basis with Mark Crossley's loan move from Fulham due to finish at the end of the season.

Is Laws doing the right thing taking his time...? "Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws says he's in no rush to offer a new contract to Steve MacLean".... laws has other priorities??

Laws: "I've already highlighted the positions I'd like to strengthen, the players that we'd like to talk to in the future so until we really cement that decision, contracts really have been put on the sideboard for the moment.

"But we'll certainly will be bringing them up in the near future, but there's nothing to panic about at this moment in time."

Laws also said he's drawn up a short-list of goalkeepers that he's hoping to sign in the summer.

The Owls boss admits he needs to bring in a keeper on a permanent basis with Mark Crossley's loan move from Fulham due to finish at the end of the season.

If we lose Maclean in the summer then we are in the sh*t so to speak. Methinks he's a top wage earner down there & they are reluctant to increase his terms...

Firstly Frankie if my posts are chavlike then what do call a postee that involves children in his comments?

It is true that some fans come to the lane to watch prem football after all it is the best league in the world is it not?

But what is also true United were averaging about 22,000 last season and have done for a few years now so why is there a jump of 18,000 on our gates then?

The size of a club does not mean how many fans they have or can get it is the whole package.

Wednesday only have the potential to get more home fans thats it the potential nothing else, with everything else we are years ahead.

Archived