Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

with everything else we are years ahead.
wtf? with what?? Gettin Back In The Closet... when! things go tits up?

You have good crowds, you have made a little money... so tell me..... WHERE HAVE YOU ALL BEEN?? WAKE UP ONE MORNING A BLADE DID WE?

On a more important note:

Wednesdayite Beer:

RIVALRIES across Sheffield's footballing divide are set to take a bitter twist... with the launch of two new beers one for Owls the other for Blades.

In the blue corner we have Wednesdayite brewed by Thornbridge Brewery. And in the red corner, you guessed it, Unitedite from the Kelham Island Brewery.

Jim Harrison, Director of The Owls Trust and owner of Thornbridge Brewery came up with the idea of the blue and white brew.

He sees it as a great way of making money for The Trust which will be relaunched with a new name - Wednesdayite - this Thursday..

And when Kelham Island Brewery owner Dave Wickett, an avid Blades fan, heard about it he just had to retaliate.

Jim said: "We first launched a beer with the Trust a few years ago with Hirsty's No9 which sold incredibly well.

Kelham Island and Dave just had to counter that with a Currie's No.10.

"However, not surprisingly, it was Hirsty who won the beer stakes, not for the first time.

"Now with the new branding of the Trust we thought that we would relaunch the idea but with a difference.

"The difference is that this time the beer will be in draught form and you will be able to go into pubs around town and sample the brews."

Simon Webster, Marketing Director of Thornbridge Brewery added: "We think that Wednesdayites will love this beer.

"It's very light in colour but fulsome in flavour and I am sure that even people who normally drink lager will be pleased with the taste.

"Although the Blades may be top of the league and the Owls, at the moment a little further down, we are certain that Wednesdayite Beer is more akin to The Premiership of Beers!"

Dave the Blade was quick to counter: "As an award winning brewery we are certain that Unitedites all over the city will love this beer and help us win another award with this great drink."

Firstly Frankie if my posts are chavlike then what do call a postee that involves children in his comments?

How irrelevant.

Your posts are the epitomy of an uneducated chav.

It is true that some fans come to the lane to watch prem football after all it is the best league in the world is it not?

Of course, it is the best league in the world, so it will attract fans of the league. The additional fans attending the lane this year mainly fall into that bracket - fans of the Premier league, not fans of united.

But what is also true United were averaging about 22,000 last season and have done for a few years now so why is there a jump of 18,000 on our gates then?

Yes, they were getting 22,000 last season, but they aren't getting 18,000 more now - you can't get 40,000 at Badly Down Trodden Bramall Lane.

And you have just answered your question above - they are fans of the premier league - not united. As you also said, united have about 20,000 real fans - the number that were supporting them last year.

The size of a club does not mean how many fans they have or can get it is the whole package.

Wednesday only have the potential to get more home fans thats it the potential nothing else, with everything else we are years ahead.

I fail to see what argument you are pushing here. When we in the same league last year, we were getting bigger attendances.

We have spent most of the last 20 years in the top flight - you have languished in lower leagues most of that time.

We have a bigger (and in my opinion a much better) ground than you. Yes, we haven't spent anything on it since we had the South Stand re developed for the European Championships (by the way, when was the last time the lane was used for a big game?). But if recent expenditure means a better ground, then Doncaster have a better ground than united.

Granted, you have a better team than us at present, and are financially better off, but this will change in time - it always does.

But what won't change with time is the physical size of your club - it's fan base and its stadium. This is why we will always be bigger than united. One day in the not so distant future, we will have the better team that is higher placed than you, and our debts will be out of the way. And at that point we will have more fans than you, like we always have, and a bigger and better stadium than you, like we always have. And that will be the full package of everything bigger and better than you. That is something that United will never have - everything bigger and better than Wednesday.

I see all the blue mob have been at the acid again.

Your not in the same league in footballing terms.

Frankie uneducated? well how do you argue against anything between us and you.

Sticks and stones blue boys sticks and stones.

FLAWS OUT FLAWS OUT

Lets all laugh at wendy.

its just a pity the loyal blades among you :loopy: waited until you were in the prem b4 going to any games then...? Premiership team Premiersh@t loyalty!

Excuse me for butting in madowl, but if Wednesday get into the Premiership, will the support stay at the same numbers as it is now, say for the Hull match, or will the numbers go up because you are in the Premiership .... exactly as it has with United? Where will these extra 'supporters' come from?

Excuse me for butting in madowl, but if Wednesday get into the Premiership, will the support stay at the same numbers as it is now, say for the Hull match, or will the numbers go up because you are in the Premiership .... exactly as it has with United? Where will these extra 'supporters' come from?
We have more season ticket holders now than we did in the premership... our last season in the prem we had only around 10,000 season ticket holders... we now have 12,000+

One thing you could tell me is..... where did/have all these blades come from?? a few seasons ago you could walk about town and not see any Blades... now its like an explosion of Pork, from shirts, to car stickers?? wtf? become fans over night? Wednesday have around 22-25,000 supportes, many of who pay on the day, and also many of which dont go to all the games, also away support plays a big part in any match Attendance, a good support from "Hull" can bring another 5-6,000 supporters... If by some act of god we did make it to the prem Yes our sales may go up (season ticket) but 9/10 will be the same fans that always came.... like i asked b4 where did the "New" Blades come from? Dont get me wrong mate i think its great the Blades are up there with the best... but i think your loyalty stinks!!

We have more season ticket holders now than we did in the premership... our last season in the prem we had only around 10,000 season ticket holders... we now have 12,000+

One thing you could tell me is..... where did/have all these blades come from?? a few seasons ago you could walk about town and not see any Blades... now its like an explosion of Pork, from shirts, to car stickers?? wtf? become fans over night? Wednesday have around 22-25,000 supportes, many of who pay on the day, and also many of which dont go to all the games, also away support plays a big part in any match Attendance, a good support from "Hull" can bring another 5-6,000 supporters... If by some act of god we did make it to the prem Yes our sales may go up (season ticket) but 9/10 will be the same fans that always came.... like i asked b4 where did the "New" Blades come from? Dont get me wrong mate i think its great the Blades are up there with the best... but i think your loyalty stinks!!

I'm not posting out of loyalty to either side, but what is confusing me is that if, as you say, there are 22-25,000 supporters now, and if Wednesday go up into the Prem and then get 30-35,000 or more, then surely Wednesday are just as guilty of having as many 'plastic' fans as United have been accused of.

I'm not posting out of loyalty to either side, but what is confusing me is that if, as you say, there are 22-25,000 supporters now, and if Wednesday go up into the Prem and then get 30-35,000 or more, then surely Wednesday are just as guilty of having as many 'plastic' fans as United have been accused of.
Its like, when we went to cardiff, 40,000 wednesdayites.... where did they all come from?? everyone and their auntie was there.....we dont get 40,000 at hillsborough every week do we. Cardiff was a grand day out for all of us but it was a Once in a life time thing... its the Loyal fans that keep a club going, in all honesty i cant see the same 40,000 wednesdayites that went to cardiff filling hillsborough if we made it to the prem, it would be the 22-25000 that always come week in week out, the only extra support would be in the away end. The likes of leeds, barnsley, hull bring a few thousand to hillsborough sunderland etc... apart from them away support is poor... In the prem you have tripple away support coming to your ground.... I can only hope that WHEN things go tits up at the lane the NEW blades show that they can also be as loyal as the wednesday and support the club when times are bad.... and re-new their ticket.... I Did not become a wednesdayite, I was Born one!

Archived