Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Did i mention selling him would be a mistake? yes i know it is still early yet, but i still think years down the line Talbot would have done a good job for your lot

Hey, less of the "your lot"!!!:mad:

Now apologise profusely please.:)

Why can't you do what derby did- totally restructure the debt- it seems to have worked for them? im not an accountant so i don't know the finer details on how to.

Derby owed their debt to Pickering, their rich benefactor; likewise other clubs who owe more than Wednesday such as Wolves to Hayward.

The difference is the money Wednesday owe is to a bank.

In my view; it would have been better had the club gone into admin the first season after being relegated from the Premier; when the debt was only 16 million; and it wouldn't have been difficult to find someone to take it on.

The contracts of those milking the club ( Donnelly, O' Donnell, Jonk & Sibon) would have then been ripped up.

But, not sure of how things would have stood re. owning the ground; and that just isn't Wednesday's way of doing things.

Ha ha, I know you're a blade Saxon, the "your" was in reference to the owls.

Because the player HE signed was not good enough

********. Still reading your Cowans book and ready for "the off", and got all your "top boys out". ****ing retard reunite with canada dry.:thumbsup:

Wednesday manager Brian Laws has revealed he's hoping to bring in two new faces ahead of the Owls vital clash with Southend this weekend.

Wednesday are without a win in 2007 - and Tuesday night's morale-crushing defeat against Luton at Kenilworth Road has lead to the Owls gaffer chasing loan players to bolster his squad.

'I'm looking to bring in one, possibly two, hopefully before Saturday. I'm waiting on a couple of phone calls as we speak,' Laws told BBC Radio Sheffield.

And the former Scunthorpe boss hinted at strengthening the Owls defensively - with a clean sheet yet to be recorded since the turn of the year.

'I'm not gonna come on radio and you're not going to get me on that spot. You know it and I know where the problems lie and that's where we'll be concentrating on.' he added.

Laws has already brought in former Newcastle and Everton defender Steve Watson in to the squad until the end of the season but will be looking to strengthen at the back with Richard Wood, John Hills and Peter Gilbert not yet fully fit for a return to first team action.

Source

Anybody got any idea's who they might be?

Jazz just remind me did Allen inherit the debt?

If he lost the arrogance would he be the right chairman for the job?

Do you think Laws is a yes man?

I dont know Warnock intimately, but i dont think he takes any cr-p from anyone and i think you could do with the same passion.

I knew him very well when we were both teenagers, I still bump into him every now and again but we tend to talk about things of the past. There is nothing super human about him, he has fallen out with every chairman he has worked for with the exception of this one. He is rarely joined for a post match drink by his opposite number and wears the refusals like a badge of honour.

My feeling is that the tough Warnock image is something that he has worked on over the years as a form of protection in a very dog eat dog profession. He was a very amiable lad in the 1960's and turned out in the odd parks match with his mates even when he was a professional.

Just my observations and conclusions from a different angle, speak as you find and all that.

Archived