Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws on a first win of 2007:

"It was an important three points for us and a nervy one at that.

"Thank God we've got our first win of the year - let's hope we can go on from there and end the season well.

"I was disappointed we didn't score four or five given the chances we created. We had to work hard for it and it shows the players have some mettle."

Southend boss Steve Tilson on the late penalty:

"The lad is only two yards away - he has smashed it and it hit him. To lose like we did is a massive kick in the teeth for us.

"There were some strange decisions for both sides. That decision at the end could cost us.

"I thought we played some good stuff and had enough chances to win."

''Oh I've never felt more like singin' the blues,

The Wednesday win, United lose,

Oooh Wednesday,

You got me singin' the blues!''

Liverpool 4-0 Sheff Utd........

We're playing Liverpool, and you're playing Southend, I don't think you're in a position to be poking fun ;)

Good result though. Should eliminate any faint worries about being sucked back into the relegation mire.

We're playing Liverpool
and you lost 4-0?

who needs to poke fun? you were played off the park mate... LIVERPOOOOOL

Sheffield United manager Neil Warthog:

"If Steve Bennett knew a bit more about the game and not the rules inside out, he'd be a really top referee. He's a manufactured referee.

"The England captain Steven Gerrard is looking at Bennett and saying 'you've got to give a penalty'.

"The first penalty knocked the stuffing out of us."

1st half was quality, not seen em play like that since Birmingham. Jermaine Johnson runs like shiite off a shovel, super fast and some quality crosses.

2nd half was decidedly poor but overall the result went the right way.

Referee was awful though, against both sides.

Got to also say I liked the kids for a quid promo. Didnt realise till I booked the tickets.

is it just me who cant cope any more with policing and stewarding at hillsborough? is it the same at the lane? We sit in the south stand x4 and we are not renewing our season tickets next year. Talk about a police state. It was good last year but this? there are so many restrictions cant stand, cant have banter with opposing fans etc. what are they doing to the game? they will get the game done away with. its ironic that all these things have been brought in for "safety." funny thing is the Taylor Report into the Hillsborough disaster blamed, in the main, the police, who lied about their actions, the council for giving the club a safety certificate and stewards for not reporting the overcrowding when it first occured. i was told to sit down recently, nobody behind me, when i enquired why? i was told, "because its all seater stadium" well its an all seater stadium because of what they did on the fateful day. am i over reacting? i dont know, but it annoys me. is there anything we can do as supporters? theres no atmosphere, and the ground is half empty. whats it all about?

Correct me if i am wrong but most fans in the British Isles are passionate about football and for me that means standing, singing etc.

It seems the people that govern our game just want a set of robots that can be fed on prawn sandwiches.

United fans at Anfield and 4-0 down sang to the scousers " 4-0 and you still dont sing " that is what everyone wants.

The hierarchy within our game want to make all the right noises to supporters, but everything about our game the speed of it and the passion of the crowd all these things are slowly but surely been eradicated.

It makes me fume when you cant stand and tell the ref he is a tw-t for fear of being banned for 20 years but you look at the state of European football.

When Drogba levelled in Barcelona he was clearly spat at and missiles thrown at him similar to what happened in France with the Mancs. What happened no mention on any t.v. station about what happened to Drogba. Then you have to look at the disgrace that is Italian football and the way that hooliganism, match fixing to name but two problems have been allowed to carry on by UEFA and nothing is done about it or so it seems.

Another matter is the way that english fans are treated abroad. The government does fu-k all for english travelling abroad but are obsessed with domestic matters.

2 contrasting ways of policing were in evidence for the Euros in Holland and Belgium a few years back. The Belgian police used similar tactics to our own and there was widespread disorder as opposed to the Dutch police who integrated with the fans played football with them etc. and hardly any trouble at all.

We could learn a lot about how the dutch deal with things the MRSA bug is an excellent example of how a government deals with a problem.

Our police force saw how Thatcher dealt with the miners so the same tactics are probably still been used by South Yorkshire police.

Liverpool 4-0 Sheff Utd........"Premiership my arse!!"

Sadly to lose 4-0 to teams like liverpool, you HAVE to be in the premiership.....

Remind the score you had against Colchester, Birmingham earlier in the season? do these even come close to being anywhere near as good as liverpool? i think not.

Archived