Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Saturday.

Great to see Woody back. He held everything together at the back.

Watson and Turner showed their class and had excellent games (apart from the latter finding touch with his kicks, which in the circumstances maybe wasn’t such a bad ploy.)

The second and third goals were stunning. The second out of nothing, the third a superb move and finish.

But how it changed after the harsh but stupid sending off of Tudgay.

We never got out of our own half in the last quarter of an hour.

Whereas I had bargained on Talbot scoring against us at Luton; I hadn’t on Cresswell (who let’s face it, had an almost identical scoring record to Mark Crossley whilst at Hillsborough) here.

It was a really strange, subdued feeling at the end. Won the game; but still came away feeling as if it had gone wrong. It was more relief than celebration.

As for Leeds, they got away lightly.

Their coffin had been primed after an hour; but in the end they lost no ground as their rivals all lost; and if they win their next games at home to Luton and away at Southend, they could still get out of trouble.

Re previous posts.

Atkinson had two spells. One pre. Francis when we walked out to Villa.

We were gutted. best manager we'd had in 30 years, IMHO

Then he came back after Pleat had lost the plot, and dressing rioom.

One thing I will add about those two managers:-

Every time we got thrashed when Francis was in charge; each time he came back and won the next game (all bar once, his final game) to keep the pressure off.

Pleat signed some excellent players eg DeGryse, Kovacevic, Trustfall.

Problem was he didn't often play them; or in the end control his Italians.

Great goal by Brunt the Owls will have trouble holding onto him next season he looks class & that is no offence to any Owls fan.Great win on saturday.

Anyone know out of the remaining home fixtures this season, which are "kid for a quid" games????

Cheers

Jim:thumbsup:

Ey-up Jim, is that a Geoff Boycott signature I see there? If it is, good work!

It is one of the great tragedies of history that Boycs doesn't get the respect and admiration that he deserves. Good to see other people carrying the torch.

In fact it's just like Geoff says, "That's battin'. Not hittin', but battin!"

Obviously.

Archived