Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

Ally68

Some great goals from Brunt! :thumbsup:

*Warning! turn the sound down if there are young kids about. Norty language on the commentry! Funny though :hihi:

Excellent :P :P I remember that wonderful commentry on 'The day today' if I'm not mistaken.

Chris Brunt is a quality player and like every other Wednesdayite, I hope to god we can keep him at Hillsborough. The reality is though, like Lawsy says, quality will inevitably attract Premiership managers.

Fingers crossed here. :thumbsup:

* Mikey10, just try one post with something regarding the current debate about Wednesday... see how easy it can be. If not, ***** off back to your glue bag.

we won,t keep brunty we prooved that with bougherra, chris will be off in the summer im sure of it, especially if theres that many managers watching him.

West Ham, Charlton, Man city, not much of an attraction there really, apart from the obvious increase in wages. Reading at least should be winning some games next season, but they're hardly a top name club and could very well suffer from "second season syndrome". So think carefully Brunty Boy, and stay with a team who are going places next year..... (now there's an opening for CB / Freyasdad / Robbie to step in with a comment, don't let me down guys).

Well im an owl and reckon we will do well to finish as high as we could this season next season, the championship is going to be one hard league next season.

Always said that Corker, It gets harder and harder every year.

To be honest its the hardest league in football to get out of :gag:

Some great goals from Brunt! :thumbsup:

*Warning! turn the sound down if there are young kids about. Norty language on the commentry! Funny though :hihi:

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! CREDIT TO WHOEVER DID THAT!!

Classic Partridge + Chris Brunt! You only need Michelle Marsh in there and i'd be as happy as a big, bag of charlie.

"If football was a pie, he'd have it all down his shirt!"

UTO!

Always said that Corker, It gets harder and harder every year.

To be honest its the hardest league in football to get out of :gag:

But... if we finish higher than last season,(which shouldn't be impossible ) then we're an improving side. So another improvement next season and we have to be near the play off zone. Surely we can't take as long to get out of here as the streaky bacons did.

Well pitty boy what can i say?

Do you honestly think you are going somewhere next season?

I have expressed my opinions of the predicament you are in.

The ONLY hope is that someone with £ 80 million or an accumulation of this can be of any good to you. To buy you would be what lets say £10 million the debt £30 million the shares i dont know another £15 million then to restore the ground to what it used to be and then players to get you out of that league. A lot of money is needed you cant rely on the academy or loan players or a player of less than £1 million.

The thng is also you have becoming a selling club so any talent ie Wood, Brunt could well go in the summer.

You have to think of the teams that are coming down with there parachute payment the other so called big clubs that have big backers and clubs coming up with their momentum.

It is going to be a very hard league to get anything from next season and i would not be suprised if you find it harder next season.

At least you aren't in L--DS position but if they do stay up i think they will do something next season, i hope i am wrong but i get this feeling about that loathsome place.

You are still in a pickle and have to think for a big money backer could he get better value for money elsewhere?

Well pitty boy what can i say?

Do you honestly think you are going somewhere next season?

I have expressed my opinions of the predicament you are in.

The ONLY hope is that someone with £ 80 million or an accumulation of this can be of any good to you. To buy you would be what lets say £10 million the debt £30 million the shares i dont know another £15 million then to restore the ground to what it used to be and then players to get you out of that league. A lot of money is needed you cant rely on the academy or loan players or a player of less than £1 million.

The thng is also you have becoming a selling club so any talent ie Wood, Brunt could well go in the summer.

You have to think of the teams that are coming down with there parachute payment the other so called big clubs that have big backers and clubs coming up with their momentum.

It is going to be a very hard league to get anything from next season and i would not be suprised if you find it harder next season.

At least you aren't in L--DS position but if they do stay up i think they will do something next season, i hope i am wrong but i get this feeling about that loathsome place.

You are still in a pickle and have to think for a big money backer could he get better value for money elsewhere?

Obviously disagree. You've singularly neglected to mention the most attractive features of SWFC to any potential investor:

- one of the highest average attendances in the country (the highest in the Championship last season) for our position & this would go 32k+ if we went up.

- an illustrious history.

- the expectation to get back to the top (which teams like Burnley, Colchester et al simply don't have)

However, THE most important point you have overlooked is that if teams like Reading and Wigan (and perhaps even you grunters) can do it, then we certainly can. Yes, we are pretty toss at the moment but all this doom & gloom and forced practicality is bol*ocks. If we get investment next season and we retain that will to succeed which was evident (albeit, at times) this season than we are more than capable of doing it. As you keep saying, the money in the Prem is going to be ludicrous next year, ergo any potential investor will see it as...well, an investment.

UTO!

Archived