Fake Footballers, SKY 3 last night.

Lestat

Did anyone catch this documentary?... It was mainly about a bloke called Alexander Zarelli who forged italian FA documents and faxed them onto clubs in Britain in order to join them.

Small clubs like Bangor were taken in on this scam and looked after him with accomodation, food etc.. He basically lied through his teeth that he'd played for Rangers and was currently under contract at Sheffield Wednesday!!:mad::rolleyes:

The Sky journo's asked Wednesday and they had never heard of the guy, he was followed from club to club as he scammed his way around britain until he was faced with a fake agent and then the Sky team came in and blew his cover!! although his face was a picture and he was embarrassed like hell - he still walked away.

I just thought it was disgusting that he could do this to the smaller clubs who are struggling anyway.

Yeah you're right Wednesday don't need that. :D

Yes, ok - before all the clever unitedite remarks...I meant actually PLAY for the teams...

If he had tried it on with Wednesday I wouldn't have minded as much as we are a big club and could afford to look at him then tell him to hop it. But for the smaller teams in Britain and Ireland - I just think it was abit below the belt.

Did anyone catch this documentary?... It was mainly about a bloke called Alexander Zarelli who forged italian FA documents and faxed them onto clubs in Britain in order to join them.

Small clubs like Bangor were taken in on this scam and looked after him with accomodation, food etc.. He basically lied through his teeth that he'd played for Rangers and was currently under contract at Sheffield Wednesday!!:mad::rolleyes:

Trouble is Lestat there is a picture of him training with the team and heading what looks like a sheff wednesday coloured team ball :clap: :clap:

But you keep denying it m8

http://cellar.org/2006/pigolympics1.jpg

The Sky journo's asked Wednesday and they had never heard of the guy, he was followed from club to club as he scammed his way around britain until he was faced with a fake agent and then the Sky team came in and blew his cover!! although his face was a picture and he was embarrassed like hell - he still walked away.

I just thought it was disgusting that he could do this to the smaller clubs who are struggling anyway.

I saw it right at the end when that foreign bloke had been caught out and he left a message on there phone saying basiclly that they,d ruined his life it sounded good that.

Any idea when its on again atall?

Archived