Where are all the Walkley Ex Pats?

Dawdie

I remember 3 terminus-Tinker Lane for 95, or Camm St-for 95 which went up Greenhow St-dont think it would stand a chance of getting up there now-struggle to get a car down re parking!

Also 52 terminus on Heavygate-hated getting the bus that terminated at School Rd as then had to walk over Crookes!!

mumsy

I thought it went up Highton St

Are you guy's saying they actually ran busses up Greenhow street ??? WOW I remember the only way my car could get up there was in reverse :)

My Aunt lived in Hatfield st (Hadfield) that was just as steep, but I never saw any buses run up those side roads from South Rd, the trams/buses had stops at the end of those streets so no reason to go up.

My Aunt lived in Hatfield st (Hadfield) that was just as steep, but I never saw any buses run up those side roads from South Rd, the trams/buses had stops at the end of those streets so no reason to go up.

The South Rd 95 turned up Highton St. and along Camm St, where it would wait until it was time to set off from the South Rd terminus.

The tram had had the luxury of just flipping the seats over and setting off in the other direction

The South Rd 95 turned up Highton St. and along Camm St, where it would wait until it was time to set off from the South Rd terminus.

The tram had had the luxury of just flipping the seats over and setting off in the other direction

That is correct Tooeg during the day every alternate bus ran to Camm Street with Walkley (South Road) on the destination blind this was from the 50s till the 80s usually between 0730 to 1830

That is correct Tooeg during the day every alternate bus ran to Camm Street with Walkley (South Road) on the destination blind this was from the 50s till the 80s usually between 0730 to 1830

Yes he's right, they had to turn around someplace.

Archived