Hillsborough Hotel - bargainous meals in January - now extended!

Meaks

When I said 'now', I got there eventually after six other public houses... :)

Hanby Cherry Bomb is on, and what a fantastic beer it is.

It has the nose of a Kipling's Cherry Bakewell. The first taste gives an instant cherry hit, which is then followed by almonds and sweet marzipan flavours with a hint of brandy snap. Like Bakewell tart in a glasss. :) Ooops it was also 6% ABV... :D

was in there for a bit last night but didn't see the Cherry Bomb- must have wandered down to the New Barrack too early for that one, dammit!

Thought the Guinea Fowl sausages were great - very rich tho' and was that Tarragon they were flavoured with?

Partner had the Fajitas and thought they were very fine indeed

Its becoming a regular Friday night tea thing for us - in fact next week I am bringing my parents as they are here for a visit!

It certainly was. Others had the veggie sausage, which was a good platefull, and the pork steak which also went down well. :)

Oh and Fox, you need to taste the chocolate torte with rasberries.....

Do they do good steaks there then ? Are they saerving any this week? might venture up there for 7

Does anyone fancy meeting up there for a bit o tea and a few swiftuns one eve? There seems to be a lot of us SF's going and it'd by nice to put faces to names!!

That's a nice idea SP! We seem to be going every Tuesday at the mo, although it'll be the end of the month before I venture in again...:(

Hi folks

Just to let you know what the menu will be from Tuesday 17 April.......

• Seafood Crepe, New Potatoes & Salad
  • Meat & Potato Pie, Chips & Mushy Peas
  • Pork & Stilton Sausages with Mash & Veg
  • Spicey Bean Burger, Chips & Salad
  • Lamb & Mint Burgers, Chips & Salad
  • Beef OR Quorn Chilli Nachos topped with cheese & served with a salad garnish
  • Quiche, New Potatoes, Salad & Coleslaw
  • Panfried Breast of Chicken on a bed of Risotto with a gorgonzola cream sauce
  • Ham & Mushroom Carbonarra with garlic bread

Desserts

Treacle, Chocolate, Lemon or Spotted Dick Sponge OR Apple Pie with Cream, Custard or Ice Cream

Archived