Does any1 remember lady bagshaw

pavlo1969

hi we moved on the valley in April 1960 when it was a growing estate, i remember oas park very well as well as caddying for golfers lees hall golf clud we also did a spot of fishing in one of the ponds on the estate. we never used rods but a spool of line with a couple of floats and hooks we did manage to catch a few small fish, it was alleged to be a big pyke in their but i doubt it, plus we often got chased off by someone dont know who he was but we out ran him every time. it was the same in rolleston woods we would go in there and light a small fire and put potatos that we nicked from our mums that was untill the park keeper would catch us and take us home for a thich ear from ma the parkie was a horrid man looked like blakey in on the buses always had a black gabadine coat on and peak cap right jobs worth, we were doing no harm

HIYA around 1957ish my mate and me were working on norton lane and when i saw an old lady riding an old fashioned bike with a basket on tghe front, that was out of a history long gone , she was dressed in a long dress and a bonnet, i said to my mate look at this old dear on this bike, it was then that he told me it was lady bagshawe

Lady Bagshaw gave my old Ma some well worn clothes she delivered these to our house on Gleadless Crescent .

After all the cap tipping and watching our pees and ques had passed and she had gone my old ma chucked them in the bin saying i wunt put that pile on a bloody scare crow.

Archived