Seasons Abbeydale Road

samstar999

I went last year after my GCSE results and had the best Bread and butter pudding ever!

I'll be going again this year, i hope.

Better hurry up, guys. We're handing it over to new owners next week and I don't know what they have planned for the place!

It's been fun though.

Danny

Where are you off to Danny? Who is taking over?

Me and my dad are off to do different, separate things. He'll be going back into tattooing and tattoo removal while I train to teach psychology at further education level ...might as well put that degree to good use, rather than let it just gather dust!

The place has been bought by a nice chap called Tony, who as far as I'm aware, wants to retain the Seasons "brand name" and cooking style but beyond that, I can't say for certain what his plans are for the place. Good luck to him either way.

It's been a great couple of years and we've really enjoyed it but with such a small staff, running a restaurant (and trying in vain to make a living from it) is just too much hard work for an old geezer and his lad.

All the best guys, and thanks to everyone who came and ate our scran!

PS. We're still running the place for the next week or two (depending on solicitors sorting out the contracts) and we still love cooking and serving excellent food so get a table booked asap and see us off!

Danny

£11.95 (cheddar cheese souflee) :huh:

Do you mean home made, twice baked cheddar cheese souflee (made with local, vintage cheddar and double cream) with a timbale of roasted mediterranean vegetables, hand turned baby roast potatoes, jersy royals and cherry tomato fondue? (we're not exactly gonna fit all that on the menu are we?)

Yeah, I'm sorry we couldn't do you a large cheese souflee value meal with Seven Up for £2.99, but you see at Seasons, we actually took time to make good food, from scratch, all by ourselves!

This is great, I don't have to be nice to whining sods any more! :D

Do you mean home made, twice baked cheddar cheese souflee (made with local, vintage cheddar and double cream) with a timbale of roasted mediterranean vegetables, hand turned baby roast potatoes, jersy royals and cherry tomato fondue? (we're not exactly gonna fit all that on the menu are we?)

Yeah, I'm sorry we couldn't do you a large cheese souflee value meal with Seven Up for £2.99, but you see at Seasons, we actually took time to make good food, from scratch, all by ourselves!

This is great, I don't have to be nice to whining sods any more! :D

What a charmer,were you "front of house" ?

What a charmer,were you "front of house" ?

Yup, I certainly was. Restaurant manager actually! Good job I'm also an amateur actor really: It came in really handy when dealing with miserable, conceited, self-important cretins who weren't out for a nice meal as much as they were out looking for something to complain about and someone to give a hard time to.

I'm sorry, Tarquin, but in the years I ran that place I had nothing but good feedback from the overwhelming majority of our discerning customers.

Who the heck are you?

Archived