Seasons Abbeydale Road

samstar999

Hi

It was becoming increasingly difficult (until today) to say exactly when the handover would take place; what with solicitors and other complications. However, I can at last announce that myself and my dad have finally parted company with Seasons after almost two years. As far as I know, the restaurant will be trading as Seasons again very shortly (possibly even this weekend), albeit under new management.

Tim, one of our long-standing chefs will be staying with the business and so, apart from a few new faces around the place, I don't see why folks would notice any change in the high standard of cooking and service that you will be used to. I personally hope to see some of you there in the near future when, for once, I'll be dining and not working!

Thanks for everything, guys.

We ate there a while back. The owners were very friendly -communicating with us by email to accommodate a fussy eater in our group (me).

My meal was lovely, but other people in my party thought the portions were on the small side. So we won't be going again, which is a shame because everything else was OK.

We had great service although we did go on a night that wasn't very busy.

We ate there a while back. The owners were very friendly -communicating with us by email to accommodate a fussy eater in our group (me).

My meal was lovely, but other people in my party thought the portions were on the small side. So we won't be going again, which is a shame because everything else was OK.

We had great service although we did go on a night that wasn't very busy.

Portions on the small side? ...depends what you have I guess (or how gutsy you are! :hihi:), not many people could finish the lamb shank with leek mash and still manage pudding though!

...as for not going again, why not? It's under new management now so you might just get a dustbin lid piled to the ceiling next time!

Thanks for your comments.

If you are a self-proclaimed 'fussy eater' I would have expected you to complain about the first thing that you didn't like.

One of the ways I judge a good restaurant on is their intolerance of fussy eaters (including vegetarians or whatever the current fad might be).

If you are a self-proclaimed 'fussy eater' I would have expected you to complain about the first thing that you didn't like.

One of the ways I judge a good restaurant on is their intolerance of fussy eaters (including vegetarians or whatever the current fad might be).

Hehe, I'm wondering if you've read some of my earlier debates then! :hihi:

not many people could finish the lamb shank with leek mash and still manage pudding though!

I did! :hihi:

Not sure I should be proud of that though! Portions definately weren't small - perfect I'd say. Left having really enjoyed everything, but still feeling like I could walk, rather than waddle, back to the car!!

Archived