Was There A Speedway Rider Named Martin Hagan?

Sheffield "Tigers"? Tommy, he certainly did and his son Guy carried on. I watched Guy in the 60's at Owlerton, very good. I rather think there is a younger Allott now on the scene, somewhere and maybe a current watcher can confirm?

http://www.foes.info/teams01.html

Tommy is pictured in the 1950's Edinburgh Monarchs photo. I see the promoter there was Frank Varey who was a big force at Owlerton in promoting speedway in Sheffield in the 60's. I don't suppose people of Frank's ilk got 'gongs' then but people like him were the mainstays of speedway as a sport.

Interesting pages but it now begs the question of what the relevance of "Tars" was? There was no sponsorship in those days so it wasn't a cigarette-backed team! Is it ONE club (team) who one minute is 'The Tigers', then becomes 'The Tars' and then reverts to 'The Tigers'? I had never heard of "The Tars", I apologise, but I'm happy to learn of that history.

Archived