Story: 'A tale of two fridges.'

Phaedrus

Great story! Welcome to the group Phaedrus :wave: You have a nice flowing writing style. I could just imagine Bosch using that as an intro in one of their brochures.

It reminds me of the first time that I took a new girlfriend to a friend’s house. His mum was delightfully eccentric; she took me to one side and said in a low voice “Timmy has passed away, I was wondering if you and Amos could take him away.”

I knew what she was on about and said “No problem” – my new girlfriend was puzzled –Was Timmy a much loved pet? And who was this Amos? – I’d never mentioned that I had a friend called Amos.

Actually Timmy was a television and Amos was her name for my Cortina that took it to the tip.

Nice to have you onboard Phaedrus, you will have to invite your old mate Socrates to join.

I have had a read of your writing, not bad for a novice, you stick with me son, I’ll show you how to go off, (private joke).

I do agree with you on the German culture thing, it’s just a pity their munitions were of the same quality 60 years ago, if not we would still have our Chip Shop.

Carry on the good work.

:thumbsup:

I do agree with you on the German culture thing, it’s just a pity their munitions were of the same quality 60 years ago, if not we would still have our Chip Shop.

And yet I didn't think they built them to last in those days.

Sorry, they did build them to last, it's just that they tested them by dropping from a great height.

Archived