Washington Pub is changing hands

tron

The Washy has had a change of management this weekend...It will be closed for a few days next week and reopening on Thur 29th July with a party to celebrate its new lease of life...All welcome....food, music and all that jazz....

What. . . NOOOooo. . . The Wash is one of the few old skool music and rock pubs left. .

Whats happened to Mick and Nick Banks as the management and have we any info on the new management. . ??

Are we to expect a chav-esqe overhaul of a quality pub.. . . ??

I heard it was going back to how it was in the old days, traditional pub selling good beer, so no West Oners and no chavs.

Opening night sounds good, I heard also they have a very special guest DJ ;) for the opening night. Dont want to give to much away, might not get in myself.

Cool - noticed this morning that there was a sign up saying they were 'reopening'. As long as it sticks to a 'traditional pub' style, cos there are far too many pseudo-posh bars in this area now.

Always thought Mick was a good landlord though so I'm sorry to see him go (although I never knew what the need in wearing shades inside was... ;-))

I used to go to the Washington when Barbara and Bill were there, they used to have all those tea pots on dispaly and were totally amazing people, does any one else remember them?there used to be loads of us every night often staying on till well after closing.

Funny you should mention the teapots Caronp, my missis used to work at the GPO just along the road from the washy and it was the first things she asked "are the teapots still there", personally I used to prefer the Raven up the top of the road when Lol kept it and the beer was always good, although the doors were a little bit confusing as one opened inwards and the other outwards, and only his two dogs could work it out after nine at night.

Archived