Does anyone teach Judo?

dinger

• 3 months later...
does anyone on the forum teach judo or do it because i want to take it up and would like some info on it please. thanks:thumbsup:

i teach judo at sheffield judo club 925 grimesthorpe road,sheffield every wednesday 8pm to 10pm

tel 07962358099

keith

or try english institute of sport coleridge road attercliffe sheffield on mondays 8pm to 9-30pm

keith

• 2 weeks later...
i teach judo at sheffield judo club 925 grimesthorpe road,sheffield every wednesday 8pm to 10pm

tel 07962358099

keith

or try english institute of sport coleridge road attercliffe sheffield on mondays 8pm to 9-30pm

keith

do you take people with no experience? because the eis only take experienced people.

do you take people with no experience? because the eis only take experienced people.

Yes we cater for beginners with no experiance ,please call in any wednesday at Sheffield Judo Club Grimesthorpe ,

also E.I.S do cater for beginners ask for Lol prichard ,you could also try sheffield uni on thursdays goodwin sports centre,or try herringthorpe leisure centre saturdays 3pm

Good Judo lessons at Hillsborough Leisure Centre on Wednesdays and Friday 6 -7.30 PM in the Sports Hall.

Alongside Karate lessons given by Sensei Barry S Nash (7th Dan) 6.15-7.45 PM (well we're supposed to start at 6.15 but we rarely do by the time everyone's turned up)

Good Judo lessons at Hillsborough Leisure Centre on Wednesdays and Friday 6 -7.30 PM in the Sports Hall.

Alongside Karate lessons given by Sensei Barry S Nash (7th Dan) 6.15-7.45 PM (well we're supposed to start at 6.15 but we rarely do by the time everyone's turned up)

I'm going sound really dumb now, but can you please tell me the difference btwn Judo and Karate pls. I'm looking into my lad joining one or t'other above

Thanks.

I'm going sound really dumb now, but can you please tell me the difference btwn Judo and Karate pls. I'm looking into my lad joining one or t'other above

Thanks.

In short -

Karate - fighting with strong emphesis on strikes (punches and kicks)

Judo - throwing, ground wrestling (if your lad is over 16 he may be exposed to armlocks and strangles - but always safety first!)

he has to wear glasses. oh and he's 11, very skinny...dya think karate would be a better one to chose? I just want him to improve his confidence before hitting high school.

he has to wear glasses. oh and he's 11, very skinny...dya think karate would be a better one to chose? I just want him to improve his confidence before hitting high school.

Hi Hayley

It would be best to let him try both and let him choose which one he likes best , both would improve his confidence ,but make sure it is fun for him or he will lose interest Karate & judo both at Hillsborough leisure centre on wednesdays .

judo on wednesdays at sheffield Judo club 6-30pm on Grimesthorpe road

Karate at the same Venue on fridays from 3-30pm to 7-30pm.

I hope this helps

Archived