The Birley Hotel closing

amyjo

Yes you are right. Terry is living in a caravan at Skeggy since thier divorce many years ago and Jackie is doing very well and taking regular trips to see her daughter on thier property in Australia!

I am a member of a disabled football-supporters club, we meet at the sherwood, about once a month, as well as having a couple of functions there, (eg xmas meal/ disco etc) over the year,

We have a meal as part of the meetings, and the landlady falls over backwards to make sure we are ok. She is very welcoming.

The food is nice, and plentiful:- they do a pie and peas supper for the meat eaters, and I have a jacket potato, as I am a vegetarian.

the serving staff are also helpful, who bring the food over to us.

It's a bit inconvenient for me, as regards getting to the place, because of where I live.

It's a 7 1/2 quid taxi fare, each way to the meetings for me, but, *shrugs* that's where the meetings are, and if we are made so welcome, why change?

Just my two-penn'orth.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived