Tango at the Polish Club

whiz

Been really enjoying Modern Jive at Crookes and fancy trying Tango. I've heard of a couple off classes on the Ecclesall Rd. One is Friday nights, anybody know what night the Polish Club one is? Are either any good? A friend used to go to one on Monday night that she said was rubbish as they didn't rotate the men around.

• 3 years later...

Well, surprisingly, I really like the dance (wasn't sure about how I felt about it, in comparison with ballroom Tango, but it is, actually, a pretty lovely dance!)......but, I am not so sure about the class. There is something missing. I know it is a serious dance, but I think the classes are very serious too. The mood needs lifting a little. Having said that, it is a lovely dance to learn, and one which I would like to add to my repertoire.

well i have never heard of polish club

Back in the days of 2:00 pm pub closing on Sundays, we used to leg it up to the Polish Club from the Nursery for another hours drinking, they had different permissions because of mass. :D

Archived