Golf.Where to practise

Took up golf in October last year,and wanted to know any decent courses to practise on.

Keep going to Birley once a week to work on my game,(and to practise before my long playing mates tear me to pieces),but i'm getting fed up with the course.

Can anyone recommend any other munis to have a bit of a knock on so i'm ready when my fair-weather mates are?

Took up golf in October last year,and wanted to know any decent courses to practise on.

Keep going to Birley once a week to work on my game,(and to practise before my long playing mates tear me to pieces),but i'm getting fed up with the course.

Can anyone recommend any other munis to have a bit of a knock on so i'm ready when my fair-weather mates are?

Theres a good golf course up at norton if your interested .:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There are three other municipal courses in Sheffield,Tinsley,Beauchief and Concord.In my opinion Tinsley blinds Birley,Beauchief and Concord.It's a brilliant parkland course with a good variety of holes to practice various shots on.The 16th par 5 is a great challenge,with an uphill green with a water hazard about 100 yards before it.

The only problem this time of year is mats and temporary greens ,but Tinsley look after their temps all year round.

If youv'e got transport a short trip to Thorne ,takes you to one of the best courses round here,good value and always playable.The 18th par 4 is superb with water surrounding the green.If you want to play Tinsley ,the entrance to it is off Greenland road at Darnall.

On a golf course, not some kids I see when i'm out walking my dog and a bunch of 16 year olds are driving balls across the field. Any way rant over, Birley for me, as it's my local course, Rother Valley is good for the driving range.

Archived