Where to play squash in Sheffield

Stockers

abbeydale squash club, prob about 5-10 min drive from woodseats. Head for Dore train station and it's the 2nd right. they do free taster sessions on sunday evenings.

You need to be a member of the Abbeydale squash club and the rates are quite high to say i only want to play 1 or 2 games a week.

You need to be a member of the Abbeydale squash club and the rates are quite high to say i only want to play 1 or 2 games a week.

True, but it is a member led club and all monies go back to it. I pay £27.50 a month and I get unlimited use of fitness suite and squash when I want. They do a 2 week free trial of the fitness suite, sign up for that and then go to the free taster sessions for squash and see how it goes.

The only other squash places I know of are Hallamshire and Davy's at Darnall. If you join Hallamshire's PAYG scheme at £30 for year, you can then attend their squash nights - they do one on Sundays which is £5.

Thanks for your advise, i think we're going to end up playing tennis at Graves Tennis Club, the price of playing squash up this end of town is extortionate. One of the good points about living up Stocksbridge was the Leisure Centre up there has everything.

Archived