Lack of classy bars in Sheffield

firecracker

In the last 10yrs Sheffield City Centre has changed beyond recognision and is 100 times better than it used to be.

But at the same time all the good pubs that were on West Street have been turned into bland identikit "bars" with no atmosphere or character, sad realy.

But at the same time all the good pubs that were on West Street have been turned into bland identikit "bars" with no atmosphere or character, sad realy.

Oh yes, there are plenty of bars, ideal for Students etc, but no decent pubs. Even the Red Lion has been totally destroyed and turned into a poxy 80's Bar and the Yorkshire Grey has gone.

The Devonshire Cat is ok but still has a 'bar' feel to it.

It is more difficult to find a nice bar for couples to be honest, we like hanrahans (exchange now) but it is too quiet so there is no happy medium. West street is like a cattle market with no atmosphere & all the girls look the same! (according to my other half) Personally when i am out with the girls i like lava lounge & yates & places where you can let your hair down & it dosen't matter if your wearing gucci or not.

Bring back Kiki's nightclub, all is forgiven!!

I finally remembered the name of that bar. It's "All Bar One" on Leopold St. Which is similar to Slug and Lettuce/Fiddle chains. (It probably is one from that chain, judging from the decor. Just has a different name.)

Ironically...

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/sheffield/index.htm

I'm not sure who judges this and how Sheffield is on the map, or how great these supposed bars are, but hey... Sheffield is on the Net, globally ! :)

I dunno whether the website is from a British company or what, but the comments made are just so moany! Something never changes. :hihi:

If I was to vote, I'd vote Forum to be on that list too.

Errr, i doubt you'll be seeing anything like that :loopy:

Apparently the new hotel has an entry in the next edition of worlds best small hotels before it's even finished so the other establishments in the square will have to be of a very high standard.

Unisol - So you understand!!! I respond to the comment of 'try Leopold Street' for more upmarket establishments.

Hence, I reply - 'what like the old fountain', across from the only one decent establishment, which is AllBar1.

Comprende - Understande?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unisol - So you understand!!! I respond to the comment of 'try Leopold Street' for more upmarket establishments.

Hence, I reply - 'what like the old fountain', across from the only one decent establishment, which is AllBar1.

Comprende - Understande?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry i meant to say 'Leopold Square' not 'Leopold St' - a big difference LOL!

My mistake - sorry.

Aww, I'm quite insulted by the idea that 'chavs and shaved head brigades' patrol Sheffield and that there's no place for the elegant. Sounds rather egotistical and pompus to me, but oh well.

Menzels on Ecclesall Road is over 21's only, might be of some use to you. Maybe Nona's on Ecclesall Road too. If you're looking for classy places, Ecclesall Road isn't too bad of a place to look.

Archived