Lack of classy bars in Sheffield

firecracker

The Milestone opened on Tuesday 16th January of this week. It is a fully refurbished pub, renovated from what was The Ball Inn on the corner of Ball Steet and Green Lane. Anyone who had driven down Green Lane may have noticed the place clad in scaffold for may years in a state of disrepair.

The transformation is fantastic. I had one of their home baked pizzas with my drink this evening. Absolutely great.

I've got a shaved head purely through necessity. Does that make me a bad person??

Agree with u mate.i am going bald, does that change my personality and makes me me into a undesirable thug. Who ever made this stupid statement probably still lives life in the 70's trying to look like Kevin Keegan or Donny Osmond.

I went to the Milestone, (the new place just opened in Kelham Island), for the first time last night and I have to say, I am very impressed!!!

Not only is it relaxing, modern, stylish etc inside, they serve fantastic food and even have local real ale (pale rider) on tap!

Here's a link for the website if you want to take a look.

Its definately THE place to be!

http://www.the-milestone.co.uk/index.php

I rememeber when i first started drinking in town (i'm 30 this year so about 12yrs ago), from Henrys (or whatever its called now) there was the Sportsman Pub a car park and Indian Restaurant where the RSVP and Weatherspoons is now, Yates and the Frog and Parrett on Division St and nothing else (in the way of bars). No Cutlers, Weatherspoons, RSVP, Lloyds, Halcyon, Common Room, Bar Coast, Hush Bar (might have been there under another name) or Forum (i don't think so anway). In the last 10yrs Sheffield City Centre has changed beyond recognision and is 100 times better than it used to be.

If you think an overpriced, overcrowded, antiseptic Hell of characterless bars filled with people who are obsessed with their appearance is an improvement then you must faint with delight every time you go for a night out in town!

Archived