Muzak free restaurant

RosyRat

Does anyone know of a restaurant in or near Sheffield that doesn't have piped music ? My friends and I love going out but have real problems trying to talk across the table when there's insistent background music. One of my friends in particular has a hearing problem which means he can't properly hear more than one sound at a time. After a few really miserable evenings where we've tried to get the music turned down or off (it doesn't work, the staff just turn it up again after a while) he's stopped going out for meals altogether.

I'd be very, very grateful if anyone out there could help.

• 3 weeks later...

RosyRat, have you tried Kumquat Mae on Abbeydale Road. It's a great veggie restaurant and although they sometimes do have music playing softly in the background I'm sure they'd turn it off if you explained the situation. Brilliant food too.

I don't think Marmaris on London Road has music playing either - although I may be wrong. Guess it shows how pervasive noise is - the fact that I can't remember. Good luck with your search

• 1 year later...

Archived