Which Ground is Better SUFC V's SWFC

Which Ground IS Better Equipped, Better facilities?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ground IS Better Equipped, Better facilities?

• SUFC
    • SWFC

10-12 years ago i would without a doubt have said SWFC ground even though i'm a blade.

At the moment the Lanes all nice and new, invested and looked after. :D

The Thing that lets the SWFC ground down is the sun bleached blue paint on the bit you can see comming down from the 5 arches.It just looks shoddy and old. It dosn't look like it's been painted in about 10 years.

One thing i can say however about SWFC ground is the fact i've never seen any tagging on the walls around the ground. At one bit the Lane was full of tagging and paint ect....

It would be nice to see SWFC ground back in tiptop shape though :thumbsup:

________

Medical Cannabis Seeds

10-12 years ago i would without a doubt have said SWFC ground even though i'm a blade.

At the moment the Lanes all nice and new, invested and looked after. :D

The Thing that lets the SWFC ground down is the sun bleached blue paint on the bit you can see comming down from the 5 arches.It just looks shoddy and old. It dosn't look like it's been painted in about 10 years.

One thing i can say however about SWFC ground is the fact i've never seen any tagging on the walls around the ground. At one bit the Lane was full of tagging and paint ect....

It would be nice to see SWFC ground back in tiptop shape though :thumbsup:

With the money there pumping into the premiership next season it would be nice for both clubs to be in the premiership, then we would both be able to afford more than a few tins of paint lol

Going a little off track here but the other Saturday I decided to visit my barbers on London Road, United were at home but what the hell I needed the haircut. I was in a constant traffic jam from Totley to London Road and was lucky to find a parking space.

The trip took 25 minutes, about the same time as it takes me to leave Totley and park up in Wisewood when I go to Hillsborough. Please don't tell me that I don't know the area around London Rd because I know it like the back of my hand. You blunts have a real parking problem and suffer the double indignity of having a ground that attracts masses of shopping traffic whatever way you go to the ground. God knows what the parking will be like when they have finished building all those flats, if I was a blunt (God forbid) I would use the bus. :confused:

I think even two years ago I would have said that. At this moment in time, Bramall Lane is the better ground, and is also one of the best old grounds in the country. It looks like a new-build inside, and has a great atmosphere. I believe it is the oldest ground still in use?

Hillsborough just needs some money spending on it, and it'll be just as good.

Not much point in having this poll though, people won't be objective.

One thing hillsborough will always have over many grounds these days not just bramall name is originality and memories which have been made there.

All these new grounds are like airports and massive carparks instead of spaces theres seats,bramall lane reminds of lego land with all the added bits on it, you,d have thought they might have made more effort into trying to hide the fact that some stands are new and some others are falling down, all the kop is is a few seats built on a piece of concrete.

Typical response from a Wednesday fan

United will have more memories than Wednesday we played at the lane, when you were still playing at some Grove or other,we have moved with the times a modern progressive club ,wereas you are in a time warp,your ground was one of the best in the country 20 years ago now its not even the best in the championship

The thread is not that important,the team make the difference not the ground as Robbie says you have a greater capacity thats all.

Going a little off track here but the other Saturday I decided to visit my barbers on London Road, United were at home but what the hell I needed the haircut. I was in a constant traffic jam from Totley to London Road and was lucky to find a parking space.

The trip took 25 minutes, about the same time as it takes me to leave Totley and park up in Wisewood when I go to Hillsborough. Please don't tell me that I don't know the area around London Rd because I know it like the back of my hand. You blunts have a real parking problem and suffer the double indignity of having a ground that attracts masses of shopping traffic whatever way you go to the ground. God knows what the parking will be like when they have finished building all those flats, if I was a blunt (God forbid) I would use the bus. :confused:

If you look at a map it may show a confused Wednesday fan that the ground is closer to the centre of the city & therefore a little busier which is true of all major cities

Usually there is more traffic going towards a city than away from it apart from

peak evening.

Don't want to open up a can of worms, but Hillsborough is not that well thought of in Merseyside.

Yet it was one of the top grounds in the country for staging big matches, even World Cup games.

The modern stadiums are all out of town and supposedly safer for getting in and out of.

Archived