Which Ground is Better SUFC V's SWFC

Which Ground IS Better Equipped, Better facilities?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ground IS Better Equipped, Better facilities?

• SUFC
    • SWFC

its cause we have more fans crookesy, it will always create more traffic :D

Lv it, more fans....:huh: just tell me one thing:huh:

B4 you were Premership??:huh:

where did The "more" hide??:huh:

or did they all just wake up one saturday morning.... "Im a Blade"????:hihi:

Now thats what i call loyal support:D

I think it's a bit of a silly argument really, but here's my thoughts.

Both grounds are traditional stadia each with history. Personally I'm not a fan of the new grounds built out of city centres (usually on derelict/brownfield sites). Give me Ayresome Park over the Riverside anyday. Give me Roker Park over The Stadium of Light (?!!:gag: ). It is a credit to both clubs that their grounds remain where they've been since..., well, forever.

The value of the land on which they sit, particularly Bramall Lane would prompt many other businesses to take the cash and relocate.

I agree that Bramall Lane looks as thought it's had bits added onto it and that's precisely what has happened. Hopefully when the new kop is built, the odd-looking corner betwixt the kop and John Street will join in more naturally, as per the South Stand and Bramall Lane corner. Filling in that latter corner has transformed the ground.

Bramall Lane looks tidy and to me, that reflects a board who know what they're trying to achieve. The pitch notwithstanding, the grounds looks in its place in the Premiership.

Hillsborough? Well, firstly I've never been in the place but by all acounts it looks a little tired. But I trust fans would be up in arms if they found the board was prepared to spend a couple of million doing the ground up whilst the team struggled in the Championship. The team must come first. It's only in the last couple of years that there has been a great effort to get Bramall Lane ready for the Premiership. Only when at last, it looked like we had a team capable of getting into the top flight.

But, as I said, the poll is futile. Each fan will vote for their team's ground because no matter what state it is in it's their beloved team's home ground!

It's what happens on the pitch that matters, not the surroundings in which the action - or lack of - takes place.

Lv it, more fans....:huh: just tell me one thing:huh:

B4 you were Premership??:huh:

where did The "more" hide??:huh:

or did they all just wake up one saturday morning.... "Im a Blade"????:hihi:

Now thats what i call loyal support:D

Quite a few of my mates buy tickets in the south stand just to watch a decent Sheffield team- no sheffield glory supporting. Its not all glory support, some people just prefer to watch premiership football live close to home, and if they chose to support blades while theyre at it, thats fine by me.

Good to have a ground with atmosphere, but you don't want to end the day getting carried out on a stretcher.

Safety and security has to be number one, especially if you want football to be a family game.

I think that Hillsborough, even if it had major updating, would never be considered as a venue for big games or concerts again, because of one event in its past. It would have to be renamed and given a new image.

Typical response from a Wednesday fan

United will have more memories than Wednesday we played at the lane, when you were still playing at some Grove or other,we have moved with the times a modern progressive club ,wereas you are in a time warp,your ground was one of the best in the country 20 years ago now its not even the best in the championship

The thread is not that important,the team make the difference not the ground as Robbie says you have a greater capacity thats all.

*Bramall lane has more history than hillsborough, wednesday have played at bramall lane, olive grove, owlerton (now hillsborough), and wednesday have more memories than united.

I prefer hillsborough

I think it's a bit of a silly argument really, but here's my thoughts.

Both grounds are traditional stadia each with history. Personally I'm not a fan of the new grounds built out of city centres (usually on derelict/brownfield sites). Give me Ayresome Park over the Riverside anyday. Give me Roker Park over The Stadium of Light (?!!:gag: ). It is a credit to both clubs that their grounds remain where they've been since..., well, forever.

The value of the land on which they sit, particularly Bramall Lane would prompt many other businesses to take the cash and relocate.

I agree that Bramall Lane looks as thought it's had bits added onto it and that's precisely what has happened. Hopefully when the new kop is built, the odd-looking corner betwixt the kop and John Street will join in more naturally, as per the South Stand and Bramall Lane corner. Filling in that latter corner has transformed the ground.

Bramall Lane looks tidy and to me, that reflects a board who know what they're trying to achieve. The pitch notwithstanding, the grounds looks in its place in the Premiership.

Hillsborough? Well, firstly I've never been in the place

........Surprised u know what BDTBL looks like from the inside Dave,the last time u went Jimmy Squirrel was manager.:hihi:

Having been to both grounds as an away fan following my team,i would say the lane has the better facilities. Watching from the west stand upper yesterday at hillsborough this stand should have been pulled down and rebuilt after the fa cup semi its still a death trap for away fans.

Archived