The Sharp Cuts/Slug and Fiddle

lallcroft

Sharp Cuts are a great party band, I remember the early days when they used to busk on Fargate and the Battle of the Bands competition. I am sure they won it. What was the original line anybody - I know Steve was in it.

Herbie Armstrong (ex Van Morrison Band) went on to run the Boardwalk for a while, before moving back south to run a small B&B.

Thanks for all the great comments, the band is as busy as ever, and we're going to be doing a big christmas party show, more details to follow, but there will be the band, a dj, food, and a late bar :)

watch this space. one thing is fairly certain, the date will be 17th of December.

My Aunt Ada is a raving alcoholic and she loves them all, every one of them. They are such nice boys, she says they are always popping round to see if she needs them for anything. After their musical help with Yodelling up her canyon she has since moved onto solids and has been reunited with her strereo following an ASBO issued recently for syncopated flatulence by proxy.

My Aunt Ada is a raving alcoholic and she loves them all, every one of them. They are such nice boys, she says they are always popping round to see if she needs them for anything. After their musical help with Yodelling up her canyon she has since moved onto solids and has been reunited with her strereo following an ASBO issued recently for syncopated flatulence by proxy.

Not 'the' John Naylor from the Dizzy Club? I think you used to play at the Slug and Fiddle when I worked there in the 90s when it first opened with Herbie and Jeanie. Not sure if you were the Dizzy Club way back then though?? I see you have affection for the boys then?!:hihi:

• 2 years later...
Hi guys!

Used to work at the Slug and Fiddle (Eccy Road) way back in the 90s when it first opened and was run by the very charming Mr. Herbie Armstrong. The Sharp Cuts used to come in every so often and play. Great band and a great show. I've been away from Sheffield for ages now but still visit family there and wondered if anyone knew whether these guys are still going and if so do they play any gigs locally i.e. in the Sheffield area? Would be great to see them again and pretend I was still in my 20s!!!

End of ramble!

Ta muchly for any replies ;)

The Sharp Cuts are playing two show's in Sheffield in May 2010. Thursday 27th at The White Lion on London Road Heeley and Friday the 28th at The Bulls Head in Ranmoor Sheffield. Both gigs are free entry. 8-11.30

The Sharp Cuts are playing two show's in Sheffield in May 2010. Thursday 27th at The White Lion on London Road Heeley and Friday the 28th at The Bulls Head in Ranmoor Sheffield. Both gigs are free entry. 8-11.30

Thanks for this! Unfortunately I won't be around then (hoping to go on hols. on the 27th (BA and ash clouds permitting) but maybe will keep checking the posts just in case you have anything going on in Sheffield over the Summer.... Best wishes:)

Archived