So Wednesday lost

In my honest opinion i think if swfc can be seen as similar to the playing staff of a prem team for me it would be Charlton, a few decent players and the rest no where near good enough

Come on then, sunshine. Who's the Blunts' Premier League players? I've gotta hear this. Jagielka & Kenny for me, that's it.

The Blunts have survived thus far on a harmonius atmosphere, hard work and a strong team spirit; the same factors that got you promoted last year, that is granted. But they are the same factors that are sweeping through Hillsborough currently and as many teams have demonstrated, that alone can be enough to get on. I'd rather have 11 work horses than 11 poncing prima donnas with skill.

The Blunts have survived thus far on a harmonius atmosphere, hard work and a strong team spirit; the same factors that got you promoted last year, that is granted. But they are the same factors that are sweeping through Hillsborough currently and as many teams have demonstrated, that alone can be enough to get on. I'd rather have 11 work horses than 11 poncing prima donnas with skill.

Seconded. And if losing away to Manchester City in a one-off Cup tie means you're not Premiership class, does that mean we belong halfway down the third division (or whatever dumbass name it has this season) ?

Is there a sensible thread anywhere about Wednesday losing last night? I'd like to discuss it.

So what are you saying then Jazz?

You are seeing the light then and swfc should be run like United?

Did you say harmonious? your lot had a chuckle did you not about how un-harmonious Bramall Lane was.

See about turn again.

As for prem players they all are because that is where they play.

So what are you saying then Jazz?

You are seeing the light then and swfc should be run like United?

No, i'm saying that the success you are experiencing is due to the same factors that see a lot of clubs do well. Work ethic, team spirit etc a la, Reading, Wigan & Wednesday

Did you say harmonious? your lot had a chuckle did you not about how un-harmonious Bramall Lane was.

...hmmm, depsite what is regularly heard in Radio Sheffield, yes.

See about turn again.

No.

As for prem players they all are because that is where they play.

So by that rationale, if Wednesday did go up this season then all our current players would be Premiership standard then too? Riiiiiiiight. :loopy:

Jazz you never mentioned the standard of player.

As for a team just getting promoted the consensus is that if you come fourth from bottom at the end of the season it is a good season, so if United finish where they are now it will be a good season and players can confidently say they are prem players.

It has been said before many times the whole set up at the Lane is geared up for success and to be prudent you have to do it in stages as most clubs are doing now.

The main difference with United is we started progressing as a football club perhaps 10 years ago.

Jazz you never mentioned the standard of player.

As for a team just getting promoted the consensus is that if you come fourth from bottom at the end of the season it is a good season, so if United finish where they are now it will be a good season and players can confidently say they are prem players.

It has been said before many times the whole set up at the Lane is geared up for success and to be prudent you have to do it in stages as most clubs are doing now.

The main difference with United is we started progressing as a football club perhaps 10 years ago.

Isn't that about the same time wednesday started to decline ? Dont tell them that though, they still think they are a Premiership BEAST of a club that play in PLUSHER stadium than us :hihi:

Just wondering how you seriously think you would do in the Premiership after tonights game against Premiership opposition?

I only saw the highlights so dont have a full opinion on it but, from what i saw it was a comfortable win for City.

You're such a sad little boar...... to start a thread about losing a game. You thought my thread about taking the p*ss out of you was a bad idea!!... Well you just raced clear mate. :thumbsup:

And, BTW - it wasnt a comfortable win for Man City. :loopy:

You're such a sad little boar...... to start a thread about losing a game. You thought my thread about taking the p*ss out of you was a bad idea!!... Well you just raced clear mate. :thumbsup:

And, BTW - it wasnt a comfortable win for Man City. :loopy:

Re read my post no bed before gobbing off as you usally do.

There was actually a couple of compliments on there to the pink side of Sheffield :o

Now a couple of points ..Did you mean BORE or BOAR as in the animal ?

And you know it wasn't a comfortable win for Man City because

A) you went to the Match ? :nono:

B) You saw it on telly ? :nono:

C) A mate who went to the match told you ...possibly

D) You have been away in Cyprus on business for a few days and You read the report in the Sheffield Star ?

I am guessing D :D

The highlights do not give wednesday the credit we won from that game....

The 'credit' will not win you matches. You lost becasue Man City were better than you.

Why is it that people cant just say, "we lost becasue we were beaten by a better side" :confused:

Archived